GeForce ShadowPlay

Drop in and chat about anything
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

After MSI placed a Video capture tool in the Afterburner, now NVidia has done even better it seems. :woot:

Making use of the hardware H264 encoder, it captures 1080p videos of your game. Pretty cool stuff.
I will test this new tool for sure. If you have any experience with it, share it here.
Looks like FRAPS gets some serious competition, lol :lol:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/arti ... october-28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm sure I've downloaded this before and forgot to check it out, thanks for the reminder MadManCK :handgestures-thumbup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yep, the Beta is live since the 28th and it works with the new Nv331 driver.

Being able to record it live and at the same time in H264 does not only make the file a lot smaller, but also remains top quality. This will save some drivespace and will prevent the HDD from "hanging" while driving and recording at 60 fps at the same time. :dance:

Still have to try off course 8-)

:occasion-snowman:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi

Does this work on EVGA cards, considering that they're basically reskinned Nvidia cards?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It works on all NVidia cards from the 600/700 series. GF650 or better. More info in the link in the OP

:character-blues:

PS MSI Afterburner works on other brands as well. That one can capture at 30fps, while you play at 60fps, saving a lot of drivespace. And the screenshot tool is awesome too. :ugeek:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did a little test with the new ShadowPlay recording tool and it works like a charm. Less than 4 gig for 10 min at 1080p and 60Fps. :woot:
And no performance drops at all. :geek:

Converted to 30FPS with MovieMaker. The Youtube quality is not really representative but it shows it just works. 8-)

Video in the Spyker Aileron Coupe, also showing the improved traffic cars. Driven in SP/SEQ.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There has been a new version of Shadowplay released. More support, record in 30FPS is supported and other adjustments have been added.

I have set it at 30FPS, 30mbps and 1080p. Will make some test recordings soon®

This is starting to be my default record tool, if the game supports it off course. :rightthumbup:

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Lay-by”