lol, what it will cost for me to sign up for Obamacare

Drop in and chat about anything
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

this whole deadline thing is all over the news here, so I decided to plug my information in and see what happens.

with an income of $15,000 / year I don't qualify for any assisted plans and the cheapest plan I qualify for will cost me $6,250 / year with a $6,250 deductible. this plan only covers 100% of emergency room visits, no doctor visits, and no dental, and no prescription assistance.

it will be cheaper for me to let the government take my tax returns.

and all this is mandatory come January 1st. its a great time to be an American.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

You have to be filling in a field wrong somewhere, or not getting a subsidy. That price you listed is far higher than any i've seen before, and that is with people making far more than 15k. I'm assuming the 15k is take-home and not gross though.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

lol, that website is all wierded out. that was using the quick estimate guide, with 1 income for a 2 person household. It said no subsidy and $374/month for basic coverage for 1 person.

change the income data from $15,000 to $28,000 and suddenly I qualify for a subsidy that would make my monthly payment $14 for basic coverage.

lol, the quick estimate guide is worthless

I did the formal application and am waiting on the results.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yeah if you phrase it like that, then that is why. I guarantee the income field asks for GROSS and not net. 15k per year gross would put you at below minimum wage, which is impossible, which is why the estimator didn't pick up anything.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats

Return to “The Lay-by”