Michael Schumacher Suffers Head Injuries in Skiing Accident

Drop in and chat about anything
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Article 1 wrote:2013 ended badly for the seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher : he was injured while skiing in the French Alps. Apparently Schumacher owns a chalet in Meribel and went there for sky for the holiday season.

Everyone knows that Schumacher is a keen skier, but even so, somehow, he hit his head on a rock in an off-piste area. The champion was wearing a helmet, so the injuries are not very bad.

According to Christophe Gernigon-Lecomte, director-general of Meribel ski resort: "He fell at 11:07am, whilst off piste in Meribel. He was wearing a helmet and hit a rock. The emergency services arrived quickly at 11:15am ... He was in shock, a little shaken but conscious. It might be a head injury but it’s not serious."

The police is currently investigating the cause of the accident, so we’ll get back with more details on this as soon as we’ll have them.
Article 2 wrote:Michael Schumacher’s head injuries from his skiing accident in Switzerland appear to be far worse than what was initially reported.

According to a statement released by the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, the French hospital where the seven-time Formula One world champion is currently in, Schumacher underwent emergency surgery from his injuries. The injuries were so severe that the statement described it as "head trauma with coma, which required immediate neurosurgical treatment."

Schumacher was skiing at a resort in Meribel, France with his 14-year old son when he lost control in the slopes and hit his head on a rock. The accident occurred at 11:07 AM CET and while initial reports indicated that he was conscious immediately after the injury, it appears that his condition has taken a turn for the worst since then.

Our thoughts and prayers to Michael Schumacher and his family and we pray that he recovers from this ordeal like a true champion that he is.
edit: fixed it.
Last edited by Miao on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:2013 ended badly for the seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher : he was injured while skiing in the French Alps. Apparently Schumacher owns a chalet in Meribel and went there for sky for the holiday season.

Everyone knows that Schumacher is a keen skier, but even so, somehow, he hit his head on a rock in an off-piste area. The champion was wearing a helmet, so the injuries are not very bad.

According to Christophe Gernigon-Lecomte, director-general of Meribel ski resort: "He fell at 11:07am, whilst off piste in Meribel. He was wearing a helmet and hit a rock. The emergency services arrived quickly at 11:15am ... He was in shock, a little shaken but conscious. It might be a head injury but it’s not serious."

The police is currently investigating the cause of the accident, so we’ll get back with more details on this as soon as we’ll have them.

STUPID PHONE WITH CHARACTERS LIMIT...here's the 2nd part http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/u ... r161791.ht" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He has actually been in critical condition since yesterday. Surgeons had to conduct an operation on his brain because he was suffering from internal bleeding among other things. He is currently in an induced coma, and the outcome of the situation is still very questionable. If he hadn't been wearing a helmet, he would have been dead before the helicopter arrived to take him to the hospital. But he can still pull through, which is what I am praying for.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

I know that, I just had to post this on the forum.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Good news for Michael Schumacher as he has woken up from his coma.

We wish him a speedy recovery and all the best.

:rightthumbup:

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yea heard on the radio today, lets hope his recovery goes well. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Good news for Michael Schumacher as he has woken up from his coma.

It is good news... but I think his racing days are over... onto retirement, to be realistic.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

eaustinn36 wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Good news for Michael Schumacher as he has woken up from his coma.

It is good news... but I think his racing days are over... onto retirement, to be realistic.
It will be a miracle if he gets to full functioning again. I hope for him he can still find ways to enjoy life. But he has a lot of supportive people around him.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Lay-by”