Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

https://youtu.be/KrrHpqcThP0
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lauda was indeed a bit prophetic about Max in that interview last year.
Massa showed Max at Monza this Year how to screw over another driver. Professionally. Just leaving not enough room, deliberately. Even drove a slower line on purpose. Hard lessons for Max, who should have had more patience.
He also has to understand that his fans are on the grandstands and not on the track. Especially when you are called the talent of the century. Others will paint a target on your car.

Lauda has more vision and F1 knowledge than most other people on the grid. Always good to hear insights from people like that.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

https://youtu.be/ewEJFJMby7s
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

In short; Sainz to Renault, Toro Rosso gets Honda engines next year with McLaren gearboxes, Renault engines go to McLaren, Alonso stays at McLaren. Matsushita will most likely get the second Toro Rosso seat, or Pierre Gasly.

Sainz made his position impossible at the Red Bull stables. Mainly thanks to his father, who spread "fake news" about Max Verstappen to pave the way for Carlos to go to Red Bull. But also due to his public announcement that this is his last season at Toro Rosso. After some strong talks with Helmut Markko, it became clear that not only that path was not open yet, but that the Sainz family actions had damaged Carlos status within the team and the Red Bull Family.
With the Sainz move to Renault, more than one problem is fixed. He gets a (deserved) factory team drive and Red Bull can pick a more motivated driver for Toro Rosso.

It has also been rumored that Red Bull will eventually sell Toro Rosso to Honda. This will leave Honda in the lead of their own F1 team. More influence now for sure. That is why i mentioned Matsushita as next years driver. Instead of Gasly.
It would be strange to change both drivers, so the more experienced Kvyatt will most likely stay. But they might switch both. The former Minardi team has always been an excellent proving ground for young drivers, to show their talents to the big teams and make the small Faenza based team some money in the progress.

With the Sainz move, the silly season has kicked off good now.

Question remains what the Renault line up will be for next year. Palmer will most likely not return to the grid. But Hulkenberg is a very talented driver. Will he have to make place for Kubica? According to sources who talked to Kubica, he will drive in F1 next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sain ... ontent=www

More about these deals at the Singapore Grand Prix.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So the engine swap Mclaren denied is happening anyway :lol: Should be enough to give RedBull coldsweat by now as McLaren's chassis is no joke, and with a better engine we could see Alonso win the races RedBull could have won as Alonso is Alonso, give him a shitbox and he'll drive it till the engine blows... to soon ? :lol:

But this seems to be a big win for everyone, as Mclaren gets more power, and Renault gets a hot headed driver, and Honda gets to build their engine without all the pressure that Mclaren bought to them which can only help them.

But it would be so funny if Honda cracks the code and taps into the engine power next season and is faster than Renault - but unlikely. :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is very well possible that Honda will have a better engine next year as Renault. But Alonso has more faith in Renault. He will stay for sure at McLaren now.

Sainz gets his factory drive. But will slam the Red Bull door closed behind him.
Question remains what happens now with the rumored Kubica come back at Renault.
I don't think Renault will switch 2 drivers at once.

It is good for both Alonso and Vandoorne to get a package they can fight with. Their direct opponents will be the Red Bull team. I already look forward to that. The current situation where only 3 teams are fighting for the podium spots is bad for the sport and F1 in general.
In addition to that will the oil burn trick be forbidden next year. So both Ferrari and Mercedes will lose the extra qualifying powers they have now. In Q3 they always crank things up a bit now. Qualifying might become more close because of that next year.

Toro Rosso might get a Japanese boost out of all of this. James Key is a very talented designer, who always manages to place a competitive car on the grid, despite smaller budget and less employees. But they do have their own research center in the UK now. Since the Red Bull take over the team has grown. Honda might pick the fruits of that labour.

And image wise, a change was needed. McLaren Honda had become toxic for both.

Everything has still to be confirmed. These are just rumors of course. ;)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Best Romurs so far, but if Stainz is leaving for Renault then it is more or less confirmed.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Kubica might be linked to Williams as well. Silly season is in full force now.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/opin ... ontent=www

Some interesting thoughts about the Sainz move.
Another rumor is that he will replace Jolyon Palmer at Renault during this season already. Maybe even next race.
That will open the door for Gasly to join Toro Rosso.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I read that earlier too, but since everything is so uncertain at the moment i didn't what to post it, but Gasly is driver i have seen alot of in the formula series, he is a good driver, but F1 is a different game so should be interesting to see him come to F1 in the near future.

Also read about how Sainz's dad ruined Sainz's RedBull / Toro-Roso relationship but by spreading romurs Sainz would be a different team next year, and that broke the bond to the team and now Toro-Roso is more like throwing him out than wising him on, so just how good a deal did Renault have to offer to get him...?!

Also Sainz "can" be a good driver but lately we haven't see much of him in the races, other than him driving like a Russian, speaking of Russians what is Kvyat's planes next year, i doubt Toro-Roso Honda would want that idiot to drive for them when he is under performing.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

this was last week,
a lot can happen in 1 week :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/2Gye2Y_Werg

Return to “The Lay-by”