Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The fights in this race very nice to watch, this one of the few races that was entertaining to watch the whole way through, some very nice dog fights and crashes making it great to watch.

Alonso had one hell of a fight 11th nearly through the whole race.

Also i'm loving the new Ferrari pace as they can really rival Mercedes AMG, and Vettel brought home a great win again, it is looking o be a good titel fight this year. 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Vijay Mallya has been arrested in the UK for tax evasion and fraud in India. Kingfisher Airlines among other Companies are his. That company went bankrupt. And he has a rumored 4 Billion in taxes and outstanding debts to explain. Good luck with that. :shock:

Mallya bought the F1 team from Spyker, together with Michiel Mol. He renamed it Force India and went on a mission to get his team forward on the grid. Once started as Jordan GP, this team has been very successful under his lead. They ended up 4th team last year, which is a big achievement.

I don't know if he can talk himself out of this one. But someone who can get that amount of credit from banks and investors can sure do his talking.

The world of F1 is not always glitter and glamour, it is also run by seasoned business men and women. And they often walk a thin line in gray areas to find the edge that gives them the lead over others. Sometimes they overstep their boundaries too much it appears.

Probably not the last scandal in the Paddock. With Bernie gone there are still enough others who can create headlines you don't want.

Let's hope it will not affect the Force India team too much. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well this is Audi's chance to buy into a complete formula 1 team cheaply :lol:

The Force India owner is an idiot and to be honest it was about time he got arrested.

But where does this leave Force India, as F1 team dies when the money river dries up, and they were already a budget team to begin with.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

He is not the only owner and daily operations were already outsourced. But it is never good to see a team owner get arrested like that.
If i was VW, i would either try to buy Red Bull or Sauber. Sauber has 25 years of rights. And RBR is already a top team. But Force India might be a good option as well. Who knows.

Fernando Alonso is openly flirting with Renault. Palmer will most likely not extend his contract and Alonso wants a car he can fight with for podiums. McLaren has too many issues. Internally with way too intervening structure changes and externally with an engine provider who does not deliver.

Alonso's contract expires after this season and i do not think an Indy 500 trip will keep him at McLaren.
He has also worked with this team before, when it was still called Benneton. And they seem to have found their way towards the front of the grid. With regular top 10 qualifying. Add to that the fact that Renault has the resources and dedication only a factory team can deliver and it might become a winning combination.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Photobombing with Max

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Good news for haters of T-wings, like myself :D
Time to get rid of these dangerously whobbly antennas.
The F1 Strategy Group met Tuesday and agreed a number of welcome measures, including a restriction on T wings and Shark Fins on engine covers and a step towards better transparency by inviting other teams outside the top six to attend Strategy Group meetings.
But the eye catching development was the decision to proceed not with the Halo frontal protection system, but with the screen. The F1 drivers have been pushing for frontal protection and a programme of evaluation was carried out by all F1 teams during Free practice sessions last season.

However there are widespread reservations about its introduction on the grounds of looks and the screen has got the nod. It will be tested and evaluated ahead of an introduction in 2018.
Other measures which arose from the Strategy Group include:
Representatives from the non-member teams will now be invited to meetings of the F1 Strategy Group as observers, demonstrating the effective commitment of both the FIA and the Commercial Rights Holder to improve transparency in the sport.
Driver names and numbers
From Barcelona (12-14 May 2017) onwards, the sporting regulations will be strictly enforced to ensure that visibility of drivers’ names and numbers on the cars will be clearer.
Sporting and technical changes
Changes in the regulation boxes around the engine cover have been made so that designs incorporating the ‘t-wing’ and ‘shark fin’ will be strictly limited
Measures will be taken to ensure that oil will not be used as fuel. In addition, only one specification of oil may be used for any given power unit during an event.
Pirelli will be allowed to develop 2018 wet weather tyre compounds using previous specifications of cars and wheel dimensions
In the event of a red flag period during a race, the race will be resumed from a standing start.

So, that was a fruitful conversation.

PS This also "confirms" that "some teams"; cough***mercedes***cough, were using some kind of additional diesel fuel injection by adding oil to the mixture. This might explain their ability to make more horsepower than the rest. Use less fuel under similar conditions, as oil was not limited. And also the smoke coming from their engines on occasion. So VW isn't the only German Manufacturer who knows a thing or two about dieselengines... :oops:
Their customer engines do not have this trick obviously....

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It was about time, and to be honest they should have never been allowed to begin with.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Mercedes still denies the use of oil to be added to their mixture and explain their Qualifying pace with better engine mapping. Some say they have gotten close to 1.000HP in qualifying. Must be very good mapping than...

Unfortunately the T-wings and Sharkfins will not dissappear this season. Rule changes are for 2018.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

All cars should just use the same fuel, that would solve this Mercedes issues, we all know they are lying their ass's of no one is that fast without bending the rules abit.

Shame about the fugly T-wings not being taken of now, as those things already broke of more than once.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fule regulations are pretty clear. It is based on what you get at the tank station. But without the additives. Maybe some other addtives. But as the content is tested on a regular base, i do not think there is that much to gain. Adding oil to burn to the mix is another story. These new rule changes will cover that. And they would not have made these rule changes if nothing happened.

This weekend's race takes place in Sochi Olympic Park.

Return to “The Lay-by”