Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well my hats of to Kevin for that display of skill today, 3rd and later 2nd place in his first ever F1 race, that's not a bad day at the office :character-blues:

I've also heard that he is the best rookie driver to inter F1 in over 18 years 8-) - let's hope he can keep that momentum going for the rest of the season ;)

How Ricciardo must hate his race engineer right about now, disqualified for using to much fuel (losing a 2nd place win), that has got to sting :teasing-nutkick: - Hmm that might just be enough to wipe that insane smile of his of!
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:I've also heard that he is the best rookie driver to inter F1 in over 18 years 8-) - let's hope he can keep that momentum going for the rest of the season ;)
He sure is an awesome driver! But we also need to recognize that he is starting out in an already well-established team. Other great rookies made names for themselves in relatively low level teams. Senna started for Toleman, Schumacher started with Benetton, Vettel started with Williams, and Jackie Stewart even brought Tyrrell into a few championships! Regardless, if he can prove himself this year in a Mclaren, I can't wait to see what he does in the future! :rightthumbup:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Mercedes is looking very strong this year. Congratz to Nico Rosberg, well done.
Ron Dennis returning at the Pitwall has surely given McLaren a big boost.
I had to grab an internet version of the race so could not watch it live. Just finished.

The pros of the new cars are definitely the way they have to be driven. Driverskills count.
Engine sound is not too bad. Could be worse.
Downside is that drivers have to be managers too much IMO. Fuel management, tiremanagement. I rather have them drive to the max of their abilities.

This season will be a lot more interesting than previous ones for sure. :rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

grooks10 wrote:
Bear304 wrote:I've also heard that he is the best rookie driver to inter F1 in over 18 years 8-) - let's hope he can keep that momentum going for the rest of the season ;)
He sure is an awesome driver! But we also need to recognize that he is starting out in an already well-established team. Other great rookies made names for themselves in relatively low level teams. Senna started for Toleman, Schumacher started with Benetton, Vettel started with Williams, and Jackie Stewart even brought Tyrrell into a few championships! Regardless, if he can prove himself this year in a Mclaren, I can't wait to see what he does in the future! :rightthumbup:
Hehe yeah you right about that, but you left out Hamilton, he too started at McLaren and did pretty well for himself too ;)
__

You're right about it Mad, drivers should drive and not be limited by software - That said i like the idea behind the new era in F1, i like fuel saving and the new power units, just as long as they can be balanced - which has yet to happen :)

As for the sound, i actually enjoyed that they wasn't as loud as they used to be, because now we hear can the fans and best of all the tires when then lock-up 8-)

But the sound of an cup bike and a hibrid prototype, sure can't beat the roar of an V8+ race engine :D
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Those new technologies will for sure make it to the car manufacturers.
I like the new way they draw electrical energy from the turbos.

But to get all these systems balanced and properly working will be a nightmare that Mercedes has solved best ATM.
You can also see that the difference between victory and fail is very small with all those reliability issues.

Too bad for Hamilton, but he will do his electric boogie later this season for sure.

What i find a bit tricky or even risky is the brake by wire. I think steering or braking should always have a direct mechanical connection. Be able to brake late should be a skill and not a computer program.
I also think Kobayashi agrees on that :loll:
Good to see him back on the grid as well. Never a dull moment.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some explanation about the new rules with some cool graphics from RB Racing

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Last race at Bahrain has shown an epic dog fight between Hamilton and Rosberg and also placed Mercedes even more stronger in the lead. They deserve to be there. Where other Teams are whining and complaining about the rules, Mercedes has done the best job so far in implementing them.
I like the fact that Mercedes lets their drivers race each other ("as long as they use their brains", N.Lauda), as this is the stuff you want to buy tickets for.

And lets not forget the strong performance from Force India.

Knowing that Ferrari, Mclaren and Red Bull Racing will gain momentum sooner or later, this season will become one of the most interesting in years.

And of course congrats to Lewis Hamilton for a well deserved victory. :rightthumbup:

\/8

Mercedes secret revealed? Interesting article here
Video on their site is not working for me and for many others too but it's on YT as well.
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Very interesting article. Some clever engineering over there at Mercedes. 8-)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Very interesting article. Some clever engineering over there at Mercedes. 8-)
Indeed clever, lets see how long before the others catch up with them ;)

Return to “The Lay-by”