Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is also at EuroSport ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:05 pm It is also at EuroSport ;)

Okay cool :)

But these GT3 cars battling is so much more interesting than the shitty Formula 1 cars.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I try to watch all the feeder classes this weekend. Hungaro Ring is one of the occasions where GP3, F2 and F1 race together.

GP3 race this morning was won by Jean Alesi's son. After the ART team eliminated each other.

Lots of punctures there. Pirelli quickly covering up their failed tires. And not every puncture was caused by accidents. Some threads came loose from the tire walls. Not the best advertising. :oops:

Some contact in these classes is unavoidable. But except from the ART quarrel no real drama like in F2 yesterday.

Watching the GP3 and F2 races is a nice build up to the F1 race later today. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

What the actual f**k Verstappen can't drive for shit anymore, he didn't brake at all, and T-boned Ricardo, so how big of a pussy do you need to be to take out your team mate just to win over him, and then only a 10 second penalty. So Verstappen has lost all of the magic, now he can go to Toro-Roso again and learn how to brake a car on the inside, noob mistake.

Had Verstappen done that shit in BlancPain then it would have been a 3 min stop and hold....

So like i said yesterday, Formula 1 is BORING as F**K, GT3 racing is so much better to watch, and the cars can take a beat and doesn't fall apart when a fly lands of them.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Max made a stupid mistake, eliminating his team mate and robbing himself of a podium chance. He simply tried to brake too late, but should have had more patience. The contact was unintentional for sure. 10 sec penalty was a bit harsh, especially considering other incidents earlier this year and also this race.
Alonso was forced off track by Sainz and some cars were lifted off the ground in the first corner after avoidable contact. Both incidents were called racing incidents.

Edit; Max even got 2 penalty points on his Super License. So obviously someone at the FIA Stewards thought his action was reckless.

Max did close in on Bottas at the end, but never got a real chance to pass.
The good part is that on these type of tracks, Red Bull Racing can fight at the front.

Ferrari controlled the race. But Kimi was clearly the best driver today. Also voted driver of the day.
Alonso made a miracle lap in the end, taking the bomus for the fastest lap of the race. Mclaren 6th is the maximum they could do.

McLaren and Honda are still in talks and rumors are indeed that Toro Rosso might get the Honda Engines and McLaren Renault. That is the secret wish of Fernando Alonso, who will let his future at McLaren depend on that deal it appears. No pressure there.

I don't really like team orders, but Hamilton showed some gentleman driving skills today. Kimi should have won this race, however. There is still half a season to go. Vettel is of course in the position to grab the world title, but still.

RBR will have some crisis management to do. They are used to that by now.

Race results - 2017 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Pos. Driver Team Time
1. S. Vettel Ferrari 1:39:46.713
2. K. Raikkonen Ferrari +0.908
3. V. Bottas Mercedes +12.462 +11.554
4. L. Hamilton Mercedes +12.885 +0.423
5. M. Verstappen Red Bull +13.276 +0.391
6. F. Alonso McLaren +1:11.223 +57.947
7. C. Sainz Jr. Toro Rosso +1 Lap
8. S. Pérez Force India +1 Lap
9. E. Ocon Force India +1 Lap
10. S. Vandoorne McLaren +1 Lap
11. K. Magnussen Haas +1 Lap
12. D. Kvyat Toro Rosso +1 Lap
13. J. Palmer Renault +1 Lap
14. L. Stroll Williams +1 Lap
15. P. Wehrlein Sauber +2 Laps
16. M. Ericsson Sauber +2 Laps
17. N. Hulkenberg Renault +3 Laps

Did not finish
18. P. di Resta Williams +10 Laps
19. R. Grosjean Haas +50 Laps
20. D. Ricciardo Red Bull +70 Laps

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Kevin Magnussen showed his worst side, when he was confronted with his actions by Nico Hulkenberg. Saying he could "lick his balls". Not really the right attitude from a professional racing driver, who could at least show some respect on the track towards other drivers.
Magnussen, known for his unsporty behavior on the track, forced Hulkenberg off the track on the grass. At high speeds. He was given a 5 sec time penalty and 2 penalty points on his license. A very dangerous dick move that could have easily led to a crash of Hulkenberg.
Much more dangerous than the unintentional collide between Verstappen and Ricciardo for example, that was penalized more heavily.

The FIA Stewards should be more consistent with their decision making. A lot of incidents have not led to investigations or noted as race incidents. Where others are made into an example, it appears.
Bottas has T-boned other drivers a few times and got away with it. Hamilton and Vettel seem to have some kind of protected status, now that they fight each other for the title.
But that should not cloud the judgement of the Stewards IMO.

The obvious prejudice of Mr Warwick towards younger drivers, should not lead to inconsistencies in penalties rewarded. If he can not judge stuations with a clean and unbiased mind, he should consider leaving the job to someone who can.

:twocents-02cents:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some more statements from Christian Horner and Grosjean about inconsistencies in regards to FIA penalties.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gros ... /?tp=2&s=1
The German went unpunished for the incident, but Max Verstappen received a 10-second penalty for hitting Daniel Ricciardo at the next corner.

Grosjean's Haas teammate Kevin Magnussen was also penalised five seconds after forcing Hulkenberg wide later in the race.

Grosjean expressed his frustration about what he perceives as a lack of consistency in decisions, and especially the fact that there is often more leeway with Turn 1 incidents.

"It was a big hit and I went pretty high in the air," the Haas driver told Motorsport.com. "He had lots of space on the inside, but he locked things up.

"I don't see the difference between Nico and Verstappen, to be fair. Again, the stewards' consistency is a bit strange.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horn ... lty-936939
"I think they were perhaps a little zealous when you look at Bottas' move in Barcelona," said Horner. "We have talked about racing incidents happening - and I see that as a racing incident.

And for now;

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lick his balls, now that is salty, but then again K Mag is a doesn't give a shit who you are, and wouldn't give anything to Hulkenberg for free, as he knocked him out of Renault, so no love there.

Also Hulkenberg is the idiot at fault here for not excepting him to run him wide, but anyway just more points, and then a free vacation for Magnussen, i wonder if he or Vettel gets the race ban first.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:59 pm Hulkenberg knocked him out of Renault, so no love there.
Magnussen left Renault, when they did not confirm his seat for this year and promised a race seat to about 20 different drivers.
They seem to do the same this year. It is a good thing when your seats are hot property, but the way Renault is handling things is disrespectful towards drivers.

But there might be some old sore there. :D

First with a race ban will most likely be Kvyatt, if there will be any. :lol:

Vettel should have gotten a race ban already, but FIA does not want to disturb the championship too much, or risk losing Ferrari to the F1 Championship. :roll:

One of the reasons why i think FIA should overhaul their penalizing system. You can not measure drivers with 3 different standards, like they do now. One for youngsters, one for the seasoned and one for those fighting for the championship. It appears to be like that. They do not even try to hide it too much.
IMO equal faulty behavior should be penalized in a similar fashion to all drivers. No matter if you are fighting for the championship or if you are a rookie.
If they think someones driving behavior can lead to a bigger risk of incidents, they can have a little chat, like they did with Max after complaints of Kimi at Spa.
But all should be treated equal on the track, when applying general rules.

This is a very actual point now, as half the pitlane is talking about the inconsistent penalties and the bad influence it has on the race.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

They need to get the race director from BlancPain GT, as that guy didn't give a shit if it was back markers or the leaders They all got the same penalties.

But I think that the FIA has lost its way, as the cars sound like shot and will look like shot next year. But problem with F1 is that it is run by old guys, that Charlie whithing guy is just one of the cancers in the sport.

Return to “The Lay-by”