Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Anyone ordered the rain ? Seems the already epic grid line up could be make the even more exciting when the rain comes.

But there cars are one mistake away from the wall and the race is over .. so i'm guessing atleast 4 cars don't finish the race.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Aghh... Both FERRARI's out in first corner ... OMFG someone will have to pay for it, so F******* stupid.

And surprise Verstappen out yet again, i here Toro-Roso is looking for new drivers maybe Kimi should apply for the job :lol:

But the world championship is over now, no way Vettel can catch 25 points up, unless Hamilton gets VERY bad luck, but the Merc is bulletproof so RIP world title.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

What could have been one of the most exciting races, ended up in a big disappointment. Hamilton did well to stay out of trouble, so did Ricciardo. Boring race and very bad for Ferrari and Verstappen, who got sandwiched before the first corner. Kimi did cause the crash as he did not leave enough room (rear is wider Kimi !), but nobody was really to blame, as it was unintentional, so the stewards left it as a race incident, which it was.

Ferrari was quickly to blame Max, but it was Vettel who moved tot the left and indirectly caused the crash, that also took out Alonso, who had a mega start. With 4 of my favorite drivers out of competition, i wanted to switch off the TV, but stayed 'till the end.

Ricciardo never even made an attempt to attack Hamilton. Just lame, especially after his big words wanting to win this race etc. Bottas tried to catch up Ricciardo in the end as the Red Bull was slowing down (engine probs?) but failed. The difference between Hamilton and Bottas is way too big. No surprise Mercedes has only extended his contract for just one more season.

Edit; it appears Daniel had a gearbox issue, preventing him to go faster.

Most interesting fights took place in the midfield. Sometimes with serious wheelbanging.

Max' bad luck strike continues, where Ricciardo seems to get podiums thrown in his lap every time. Australian Voodoo?

Needless to say i did not enjoy watching this race very much. Very disappointing.

Hamilton was voted driver of the day, but my vote goes to Sainz as he managed to get his Toro Rosso to 4th. Great result for him.

Palmer finished 6th. In a race that can be his last. Renault has offered to pay off the rest of his contract, so Sainz can make an early move to Renault this season for the last 6 races. He might be stubborn and hold Renault to their contract.
Renault does not excel in people skills. First they offered Magnussens seat to about 30 drivers, making Kevin go to HAAS, as he was not amused being treated like that. Now Palmer had to read his departure from the Motorsport.com website.

With Hamilton firmly in the lead, the championship might be over. But never count out Vettel. There are still 150 points to win. Nothing has been decided yet.

Race results - 2017 Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix

Pos. Driver Team Time
1. L. Hamilton Mercedes 2:03:23.543
2. D. Ricciardo Red Bull +4.507
3. V. Bottas Mercedes +8.800 +4.293
4. C. Sainz Jr. Toro Rosso +22.822 +14.022
5. S. Pérez Force India +25.359 +2.537
6. J. Palmer Renault +27.259 +1.900
7. S. Vandoorne McLaren +30.388 +3.129
8. L. Stroll Williams +41.696 +11.308
9. R. Grosjean Haas +43.282 +1.586
10. E. Ocon Force India +44.795 +1.513
11. F. Massa Williams +46.536 +1.741
12. P. Wehrlein Sauber +2 Laps

Did not finish
13. K. Magnussen Haas +8 Laps
14. N. Hulkenberg Renault +10 Laps
15. M. Ericsson Sauber +23 Laps
16. D. Kvyat Toro Rosso +48 Laps
17. F. Alonso McLaren +50 Laps
18. S. Vettel Ferrari +58 Laps
19. M. Verstappen Red Bull +58 Laps
20. K. Räikkönen Ferrari +58 Laps
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea the race was terrible boring, but everything was there to make it an epic showdown but Vettel screwed himself and and the other over by being to aggressive at the start.

Also Ricardo was told he had low olie pressure in the gearbox, so he had to nurse it to the finish which is why the Redbull didn't have the pace it had yesterday, so in fairness Ricardo did well not to blow up the transmission.

But Hamilton shouldn't have been on the podium at all, as the Merc didn't have the race pace the Ferrari and working Redbull would have had, so pure luck Hamilton got the win.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, i just read about the Ricciardo gearbox issues. Makes you wonder about Bottas even more.

Hamilton was indeed a bit lucky to win here, in a location that did not favor the Mercedes. But than again, both Ricciardo and Hamilton did stay out of trouble and do that more often. And that also is a quality that can win you races.
Or as the Britons say; to finish first, you first need to finish.

Maybe something Vettel should have taken in consideration. ;)

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Most analysts have now more or less blamed Vettel as the main suspect for the accident. Also has been stated that Vettel did not get a penalty, as he is already warned before at Baku and another punishment would automatically lead to a 1 race ban. That would kill the championship.

But should politics be taken in consideration, when applying a penalty for dangerous behavior?
4 drivers were taken out of that race, because someone had to compensate for a bad start.

I do hope for Di Resta that he can land a race seat at Williams next year. But Kubica will most likely be on pole for that seat, with Di Resta in another year's role as a test and reserve driver. If Kubica somehow does not meet expectations, he can still step right in.

Until then, he can continue doing these top analysis at Sky :mrgreen:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Aston Martin will become title sponsor to the Red Bull Team in 2018.

It is good to see another legendary Sportscar brand in the paddock. Red Bull has already worked with them since 2016, but now that cooperation will be expanded. Possibly even with their own engine, but that depends on how the new engine rules will be applied. Especially cost effectiveness will be evaluated. Aston might just do badging or let TAG do that, as they will continue sponsoring RBR as well.
The other engine option will be either continuing with Honda or go to Porsche (VW/Audi), who started their development. After 2018 they might be forced to use Honda, but that does not have to be a bad thing. Nobody knows who has the best engine next year and beyond. With the dirty diesel tricks gone, next year's engine power between all brands might be a lot closer than now, which is only a good thing for the sport.

Honda will take over Toro Rosso, i think and turn it into a factory team after 2021.
Team Boss Franz Tost is already bragging about his understanding of the Japanese culture.

The thing lacking at Red Bull is a real connection to a major car brand and engine supplier. With Aston Martin that first part is now fixed, after earlier Infinity sponsorship. How the engine deal for 2021 and beyond will turn out is not clear yet, but they appear to be on the right path with Porsche IMO.

Both Ricciardo and Verstappen drive Aston Martin as a company car. Not bad if you are 19 years old and barely legal to drive, lol :lol:

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3588 ... e-partner/

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Rumors about Pierre Gasly replacing Kvyatt this weekend at the Malaysian GP are growing stronger. Red Bull wants to know if he is good enough for a full F1 2018 season. He is currently doing very well in Japan, fighting for the Super Formula championship there.

As Sainz will not move early to Renault, thanks to Palmer sticking to his contract and also because Toro Rosso does not want him to leave after the 4th place last race, Kvyatt might get side tracked.
Not very good news for the future of the Russian Torpedo at the Red Bull armada.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is official now; Kvyatt will be replaced by Gasly for the remainder of this season, probably with some exceptions if Super Formula events overlap Formula 1. Gasly is still a contender for the Japanese Championship there.

A big slap in the face of Kvyatt, who has nowhere else to go in F1. The end of an F1 career?
It has to be said that Red Bull did give him another year to prove himself at Toro Rosso. But his latest results are disappointing and what is the point of running a talent team, if you place disgruntled former top team drivers over there?
Next years line up at Toro Rosso will most likely be Gasly and Matsushita. Last has the Honda backing and is currently doing well in F2 with regular podium positions.

Tost said: "Scuderia Toro Rosso was established by Red Bull to bring youngsters from its Junior Programme into Formula 1 and that's what we are doing by giving Pierre this chance".
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvya ... ontent=www

Return to “The Lay-by”