Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are more irregularities on that list. I think Hulkenberg is still better than Sainz, but after Palmer he did well to keep the Hulk sharp. But not at Kimi level at all.

Hamilton is still the best. But the cars are the dominant factor. Just imagine what Alonso or Max can do with a Merc. Both are better than Rosberg.... ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Sergey Sirotkin has emerged as the favourite to drive for Williams in 2018, with Robert Kubica no longer in the frame, Motorsport.com has learned.

Where everybody already wrote Kubica in the 2018 Williams, it appears he is not good enough anymore. Renault already came to that conclusion earlier, but Williams now have come to the same conclusion. The Polish fairytale will not happen. He was not fast enough and there are still concerns about his abilities to drive and escape in case of emergency. FIA President Todt has also said that he would not give a Superlicense, because of these concerns.

Now Sirotkin emerges as a serious candidate. But Sirotkin was test and reserve driver for Renault and was even slower than Palmer over there. :doh:
Are there different motives behind this move? Does F1 need a Russian driver, after Kvyatt had to leave the Red Bull program?
Kvyatt is still the best Russian F1 driver IMO.

And does this open the door for Wehrlein again? Or wil DiResta remain as reseve driver at Williams.

It appears to me that Williams is going for cold hard business cases and not for talent or the sport. :twocents-02cents:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/siro ... /?tp=2&s=1

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If McLaren picks a livery like that, it would even deviate the attention from the fugly halo. Artist impressions are always interesting. But Sauber has a better Alfa Romeo livery already. :mrgreen:

At the same time McLaren tries to smother away the bad results with a movie. They surely know how to play the media card.
Now lets get those results back with a smoking Renault engine. :smoking:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well considering McLaren had one of the best suspension and they only lacked power then I think they bounce back to be a royal pain in the assignment for Red Bull next year.

Also yea, those halo's isn't looking as bad as I had feared, it really helps when they are paint and included in the livery.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Williams has finally announced their F1 2018 driver line up; Stroll and Sirotkin.

IMO Williams does a great job on the business side, but a lousy one when it comes to the sport. :twocents-02cents:
Let's see how well Sirotkin performs, compared to Stroll. During Renault friday test sessions, he was often slower than Palmer.... :facepalm:

The time that Jaques Villeneuve became World Champion F1 with a Williams, seems to have long gone....
Kubica as test and reserve driver. :eeek:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

:loll:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This season, 2018, EU races will start later at 15.10, instead of the usual 14.00. In favor of US broadcasters and to widen the audience.
Probably a good thing.

What is not a good thing is the possible disappearance of grid girls. And i thought they wanted more show? Idiots. I suggest to ask the girls first what they think of their job, before cancelling something that belongs to F1, like Champagne and Caviar.

Cars will be unraveled soon®

:party:

Return to “The Lay-by”