Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

New time is nice, but shame about the grid girls though.

When is the pre-season testing starting ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Testing begins at 26 Februari in Barcelona and the first GP is at 25 March in Melbourne, Albert Park Australia :D

https://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-gp-editi ... rand-prix/
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There will indeed be no grid girls, starting at the Aussie GP. A shame, really, with misguided political correctness as a motivation to remove something that has always been part of Formula 1.

Instead there will be grid kids. I can already hear the countless Paddock Pedo and Child labour comments coming up. :D

If they do want to involve kids more into F1, they should hand out all unsold tickets to schools nearbye and organize special events on Friday for example. That will fire the interest of the young generation for Autosport in general and Formula1 especially.
:twocents-02cents:

Instead of making the F1 more attractive, they add Ugly Halo "protection" and remove some glamour from the tracks.

And to add to my surprise, Chase Carey himself is not against grid girls at all. How on earth do these idiots make decisions than?
Who requested the removal of the Grid girls to begin with? Some Feminist action group? Hillary? Something does not add up here.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/223 ... irls-races

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I don't hate the halo (even though I definitely don't like it), but Formula E makes their halo look waaaay better. It doesn't feel like it was glued on at the last minute: it looks like it was actually designed into the shape of the car. The overall look of the car is more futuristic and really cool!

And the Indy Cars this year look really good too, even with their windscreen solution. So considering that the racing in F1 just isn't all that exciting and the cars don't look very good, I may start branching out to watch other races. I'll still watch every F1 race, but I'm just losing interest fairly quickly.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, F-E starts to get mature quickly now. Lots of big brands are entering the sport, including Porsche and Renault.

I really do hope they will get rid of the "road" tires and mount proper slicks. In addition to that the battery capacity has to increase, so they can outlast a complete race, without having to change cars, which is pathetic.

Also an increased max power output can really lift the competition and spectacle.

Last but not least, tracks need to be a lot wider, more interesting and with more runoff to allow more ballsy overtaking action.

For now, it seems that F-E is going in the right direction. It is more accessible and spectator friendly than F1.
And where F1 is doing a great job shooting themselves in the Foot with unattractive decisions and an impasse with new rules and regulations, Formula E gains momentum every new season.

Maybe Richard Branson was right with his predictions. F-E will overtake F1 in a few Years, he thinks. We will see :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They make a big deal out of it, refering to Alfa Romeo's history in F1. But it is of course just badging here ;)
On the other hand, getting that 500HP Alfa Gulia as a company car is not too bad, being a Sauber driver :D

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Black is back. Yellow is the Renault color and Bleu is the French racing color.... So it makes perfectly sense to go black :shock:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Return to “The Lay-by”