Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just noticed this in the side bar on the forum. :o
Steam Is Now Offering Refunds On Games For Any Reason
steam.JPG
Valve has instituted a major change to Steam's refund policy today, setting new guidelines for when it will reimburse dissatisfied players. Now, if you have owned a game for fewer than 14 days and played less than two hours, you are eligible for a full refund.
It seems like Valve has thought of nearly every possible scenario, detailing a variety of situations on its new refund page. If you've purchased DLC, you have 14 days to get a refund, provided you've played less than two hours since the purchase. In-game purchases for Valve games (like Team Fortress 2) have a 48-hour window and, of course, you can't have consumed, modified, or given it to someone.
If you've pre-purchased a game in advance of its release, you can request a refund at any point. After its release, you are subject to the fourteen-day/two-hour window.
There are no refunds on movies or gifts that have been redeemed by the recipient. Also, if you've gotten yourself banned from a game by the Valve Anti-Cheat system, you've forfeited your right to a refund.
Don't go overboard, though. Valve reserves the right to revoke this privilege.
"Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games," Valve writes. "If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price."
This is great news for anyone who wants to try out a game they are not sure of, I for one will be buying more Steam games from now on. :rightthumbup:
Source http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They probably have to, as according to EU law, customers have 3 days to return goods without reason. And there are more laws and local rules and regulations all over the globe. They have become more flexible the last couple of years as well. More service and client oriented. This, however is a huge step and i'm glad they did it.
One of the reasons why Steam rules. They constantly keep improving themselves to stay ahead as the leading PC gaming platform.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Couldn't agree more, maybe we should add a Steam forum to the site so members can talk about anything relating to Steam news and games? :idea:
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Thank Australia for this they did this to get out of the law suit that Steam and Australia were having
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Probably a bit more than that ;) Some people in my Country have been complaining as well. But that was last year and the year before. But it is a good thing it is finally settled. This solution probably covers most rules and regulations in most countries.
Modding games is something else they should pay attention to. As it is forbidden in some countries and allowed for everything in most Eastern European countries for example. The Steam juridical department has enough work for the upcoming years. :lol:

I'm in favor of a Steam related section. :rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: I'm in favor of a Steam related section. :rightthumbup:
Ok will add a Steam section to the forum. ;)
Image Image

Return to “Steam”