Steam News

Talk about all things Steam related.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thought i would start this topic to post any upcoming news about Steam and its content. ;)

Good news for controller users. :gaming:
Steam's latest client update, currently available in beta, lets you use your Xbox controller for any game on the platform.

The update allows you to map keyboard and mouse controls to any Xbox 360, Xbox One, or generic X-input controller, meaning even games without in-built controller support should work fine. The functionality was already introduced for PS4 controllers in 2016.

In addition, the patch introduces support for some third party PS4 controllers and fight sticks.
Of course, not all games are suited to gamepads, but they should at least recognise inputs from console controllers now.

There's no word on when the update will be finalised and released to all users, but if you want to access Steam client beta releases you can do so by going to the settings menu within Steam, then choosing 'beta participation.' In the meantime,
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Here's a neat little program if you like playing around with your desktop wallpaper.

And it's cheep too. :D

:link:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thanks to Dutch LAW, Loot Boxed games are now forbidden, due to gambling rules and regulations in my country. :D

Steam had to disable certain features in Counter Strike and DOTA. (Mainly trade based, to create a stir with the players, so they can use the player base to enforce a more lenient approach from Dutch Law makers)

IMO Loot Boxes, that can be bought with real money and with uncertain content, are indeed a new all time low from the Gaming Industry. Shame on you. :naughty:

The new milk the rich "whale" gamer mentality, similar to Las Vegas practices, have gone out of control.
Most of the time gamers are kids. They can bring their parents into big trouble, by using their credit cards and "buy everything".

If you can buy everything in a game, what fun is that anyway? So they get bored quickly and grab the next new release and.... buy everything again. :shock:

And i am glad, that there is at least one Country in the World, who deals with these illegal Loot Box activities.
It will not stop the mass mutilation of teenage minds and mentality, by the greedy gaming moguls.

It appears more and more that basic morals are last Centuries News. If there were any back than. :think:

:twocents-02cents:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “Steam”