My Game Project - RoS

Got a new game idea or Developing one, then this is the place
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Anyone up to help me out? Kinda struggling for ideas and all.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Like i said originally but here are some idea's

1. What game engine will you use
2. what software will you use for sounds, 3d models and and calculation of vehicle physics
3. Where are 3D models, a car list is pointless with out base 3d models to go with list
4. Procedure document and development documents
5. Basic Art work and story-line
6. Current budget and projected final budget outcome
7. Development time line and pathway documents
8. If you plan to self develop the game you need legal documents

With out the above you would never get funding from a developer nor would a publisher purchase the game plus you will struggle to find any workers with out some of the above if you can achieve most of that list i would suggest going on kick starter but only if you have most of the above list complete

I have been where you are its hard with out financial backing,
now i just sell 3d models from time to time most remain in my private collection some of my 3d models sell for upto $600 which helps renew the 3DS max license on yearly bases which is not cheap

Also beefy computer helps which is part of reason i built mine to help with some of high powered renders

Examples:
Here is one of my 3D model in a game engine not my game engine:

Example of art work in game:

3d render of a game ready engine took 6 months to make:

Another 3d model but poly count is to high for games took 14 months to make:
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Aight, thanks.
I already do have some concepts ready, not fully polished, but ready.
Also I am sketching out the cars right now and are thinking about their statistics.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I have actually gotten a lot done from when I last posted an update here, mostly on car concepts.
Anyways, I'd love it if someone could give me some assistance with ideas, balance, etc. Or even concept art that is just well.. better.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

All depends on what type of game you are targetting. Arcade racers should be fun. So focus on netcode and find a way to play with 16 players online for example. That is something the big studios seem to forget. A core concept is what you need as starting point and reference for the whole duration of your project. And keep it simple. Once it is a stable project, you can always extend in any direction you want. Getting the basics right should always be first.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

So cars themselves are almost ready for further concept creation.
Motorcycles are just my problem now, and balancing the classes out so it's not entirely biased towards the higher end classes.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Hello guys! I'm back with news which will pretty much predict the game's size entirely.
After some counting and sorting, whilst editing the list a bit.. I have three finalized counts.

Cars: 192
Motorcyles: 7
Total: 199

Yeah, so I've almost scratched 100. About 188 of these cars I made myself.. others were a friend's idea. (LRC-TEC).

Oh, and here's the docs.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice job !

How will you approach the driving physics and handling?

Maybe start with always sunny weather first. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote:Nice job !

How will you approach the driving physics and handling?

Maybe start with always sunny weather first. :mrgreen:
Ah yeah. I've created handling ratings to begin with, then with the car's handling, that's how it will handle. Depending on how harshly it turns, or how soft it is. Or how hard it brakes, or if it slides around corners more than it just turns.. or just has more functionality overall.

Weather itself may be a tough one. Rain and Snow would have a similar effect but rain doesn't necessarily make things slippery.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Events and regions are in progress (concept wise).

No, no real progress will be made until the concepts are done and I choose what this game will be like graphically and what engine I'll use.

EDIT:
Quick update, just calculated how much money you will have at the end of street mode.

The grand total is...

$749,112,500.

It's a lot, right? Well, the reason for so much money is because it really rewards players that actually have the time and effort to make it that far. Along with the greater rewards, players can also just jump into online without a problem before they even reach the race classes. Also, you end up spending a lot of money on cars, and more money allows you to just have a more varied selection, while there's certain events with restrictions such as 'City Car' or 'F1'.

EDIT2:

I've finally got a coder ready to go! Don't worry, I still have a load of spots open.

EDIT3:

Completed title and level concepts. Added a few nice jokes in there too. ;)
And other titles to honor doing other things too, I guess. These will also be achievements, which are going to be a thing.. specifically if it makes it to Steam.

EDIT4: Got myself my first new artist ready to go.

You guys can check up on the spreadsheet for more updates, but I'll drop by here time to time with more. See you guys next time!

Return to “Game Development”