My Game Project - RoS

Got a new game idea or Developing one, then this is the place
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like things are moving on, have you considered what this will cost and how you are going to fund it? :party:
Image Image
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bezrider wrote:Looks like things are moving on, have you considered what this will cost and how you are going to fund it? :party:
Eventually, I will. My plan is to finish all the concepts and planning, go get a job, and ask for funding later on after I release a small demo.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Hey guys, new update!
Decided to finally add the subtypes, aka the car's body families.
http://prntscr.com/9yrdxs

Haven't decided what FP1's shape will be...

EDIT:

FP1 = F1 + EP.

..so I guess it could resemble the two.

EDIT2:

If you guys would happen to have better descriptions for these, don't hesitate to tell me! These are placeholders and will not be used in the initial release.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Very nice to have the hatches etc in sub categories. Makes it more immersive to race them against each other. TDU2 had too large categories, that made no sense and nobody used a lot of cars competitively because of that.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice looking forward to some actual designs. :D
Image Image
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Been playing around with achievement ideas and how the menus would work.. any ideas or suggestions?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There could be achievements to start with a lower spec ride and move your way up to the super cars. Unfortunately a lot of players have no patience for that and want the fastest straightaway.
But developing skills and learning the ropes within the game with a reward system could be fun. It is all about balance, so skilled drivers can get a challenge and casual drivers should be able to get access to the good stuff as well.

Maybe completely different type of skills. Like exploration, customizing, transporter jobs (always loved the picky Models from TDU1, packages, car deliveries with a chance the car is "hot", Ambulance, Taxi drives, etc) to getting drivers licenses for different types of cars. Race,
Rallye, Off-Road etc.
Also to avoid rammers an wallriding etc, you can get different classes. Rookie can get away with a lot. Apprentice needs to be more careful. Champion gets instant warning or crash. Pro needs to drive "clean". Also with more challenging and rewarding races as the game progresses.

I don't know how you plan to show off your car collection. But achievements for getting a certain group of cars together can also be fun. Be a collector.

I might still have some of my original suggestions for TDU2 somewhere. Ivory Tower has used the good old Atari Forum for feedback and a lot of my ideas as well as others are incorporated in the Crew.

What will be a key element for success is the online capabilities. If we can drive together with 12 players for example, that would be awesome.

Creating custom art work is also high on the list. Problem is that for that to show you get a lot of uploading and downloading. So maybe art work has to be stored on a cloud server. That way you do not need to upload every time when entering a lobby or group of friends.

Anyway, plenty of ideas and suggestions. It might be cool if you share a bit of what direction you want to go with your game. Right now i assume you want it to be something like TDU :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Small update.

Total achievement count is currently about 86.. surely there's room for more.
Right now, I'm focusing on Motorsport Mode and how it can potentially work. I was thinking maybe using Forza's style, combining a few, and making it my own style alltogether.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Update here.. and no I'm still in the planning stage. I'm expecting a few months or more until development begins.
Likely I will take coding classes or learn coding or art in the summer.. but only time will tell.

If anything gets done, I will release a demo for everyone to test, then a beta testing link when a mode is complete, and another when the next is.

The achievement count has risen to 106.
A total of 31 tracks have been confirmed, 26 you normally would use.

Anyway, I'm looking to add a lot more motorcycles to the list as there is only 7 motorcycles as opposed to 192 cars. Also, they have no place in the real game, but are still nice enough to be put ingame.

I was looking for maybe 240 vehicles on initial release, perhaps more cars and more motorcycles to go around.. also more class coverage and more classics outside of class F.. but I guess that's gotta be decided when all concepts for all 199 cars is complete, no?

If you guys got suggestions, give the spreadsheet a look.
Suggest names, statistics, looks even. Also I may add more subtypes for more diversity. I realized Pickups and Vans were missing to begin with.

EDIT:

@Bezrider, if you so desire to make that dev forum you spoke of, I will indeed put you in the special thanks and/or credits somewhere.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Venomalix wrote:
EDIT:

@Bezrider, if you so desire to make that dev forum you spoke of, I will indeed put you in the special thanks and/or credits somewhere.
Working on it, should be up by the weekend. ;)
Image Image

Return to “Game Development”