My Game Project - RoS

Got a new game idea or Developing one, then this is the place
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Here's where all info is kept.

As of 2/27/2016..

There is confirmed to be 326 Cars. This amount will be decreased for the release to ease work and be a good beta.
At the end of street mode, you will earn a total of $749,112,500.
There is a grand total of 109 achievements, and more to come.. maybe.
For motorsport mode, there is a total of 31 tracks. 32 for the early edition.
For street mode, there is a total of 7 regions, the 8th being for multiplayer only.

This project will be developed on Unity, models in Blender. This game will also use a simplistic artstyle. It may become more complex in a possible remix.

I will give access to those who want to help with the project.. either say so here or by PM, I suppose.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aSu ... sp=sharing <<< Docs
<<< Spreadsheet
http://riseofspeed.forumotion.com/ <<< Forums

So I'm in the planning stage, currently writing out some concepts and setting up the content list. So in that case I guess I'll be assembling the dev team..?

Venomalix - Author | Director
? - Co Author | Co Director
Boffin - Lead Coder
? - Coder
? - Coder
? - Lead Artist
zeein - Artist
? - Artist
? - Lead Concept Artist
? - Concept Artist
? - Balancer
? - Web Manager

Any concept art and anything else goes below.

If suggesting for me to add something to the game, follow one of these little rules.

If it's a vehicle, please specify it's brand, name, specs, price, and statistics.
If it's a mechanic, make sure it won't kill a coder and will be possible, and will also make sense.
If it's anything else, then well, yeah.

More on the project when I find the time to update it! If you want to join the team, let me know via PM or topic. Also I am looking for someone to teach me code and advanced 3d graphic design.
Last edited by Venomalix on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:42 am, edited 17 times in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Good luck with all those licenses. :lol:

PS Stick to a smaller number of cars per brand. :idea:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Zenvonicality wrote:I want your feedback and suggestions. Post suggested cars here and maybe some ideas!
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=374" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Image

90% of the cars with yellow names come with specs, and all with pictures of the exterior and interior as well as information about them too. :geek:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Or, you could just add this:
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 595#p16595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's my favourite car and unfortunately, there are only 2 games I know that have it,
both from the PSX era. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Good idea to play with I went down this road and hit whats called the license road block, few words from my experience.

Never ever release the name of your game publicly before applying for trademark/copyright you should always use code numbers and letters such as build ID even if you haven't built your first build yet.

I spent 2 years developing a game under the name Full throttle with a group of Germans and Bulgarians it was good fun at first but soon got harder over time, it almost cost me everything i had the cost out lay was so much more than i ever expected almost cost me my girlfriend also she was so patient through out the whole failed project to this day she still uses it against me, the game sits on external hard drive in a safe with all its documents now it would be classed as outdated junk.

Even creating fantasy versions is time consuming it takes me about 6 months to do full detailed car with low poly count suitable for gaming let alone the tracks.

Look i don't want to stop anyone one from trying something or having a dream its good you want to try this, but there are a few things to consider before you even model your first car.

You need some of the following just from list of cars supplied:
  1. You need to case study if there is space in the market for your game
  2. You need to outline estimated timeline and development strategy
  3. You need to outline cost involved will you use own game engine or license one
  4. Need to look into artwork creation and possible storyline if needed
  5. Need to look into development team is this one man project or team project
  6. Copyrights and trademarks
  7. Registered business number depends on country of course
  8. PDF and word document for inventory of tracks, cars items etc
  9. PDF and word format procedure document of the game containing source file locations storylines etc (Needed if you use publisher or sell to developer)
  10. 3D modeling software not cheap i own few different types some used for work
  11. Car license not cheap and can cost alot of money
Im glad you want to try your hand at this if you need some help i can try and point you in the right direction such as producer documents etc remember what i have written is just my 2 cents worth and from personal experience :twocents-02cents:
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I'm glad I didn't get a string of negative comments, but rather good and useful suggestions that won't allow me to go bankrupt in the future.
..Or that will help me NOT do so.

Yes, I've seen the car list, but what I look for is info about the cars like, I basically look at speed and acceleration to put them into classes, then add their price.

The pain about this game WILL be licensing. So I'll need to build a bigger car list perhaps, so I won't be screwed if that part doesn't go so well. Or I can easily just make my own cars.

Well thanks for the criticism. Any bikes that should be added?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Tsuki already made an epic car list for a game.

Maybe you can do a Bikes list. 8-)
Starting with the nice bikes from Paul Jr Design and other American Chopper Bike builds and the top models from Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Hayabusa, some classic Harleys and everything the Ghostrider drives.

:auto-dirtbike:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I remember having a great time with those bikes back in the first Test Drive Unlimited. c: Yeah, definitely going on the list.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Hey guys, been awhile hasn't it?
Anyway, I decided to reboot the project and begin some concept art and revising the content list to be a bit less ridiculous.. so yeah.
If I don't continue to die then I will be updating this when I can with all my concept art and I will update my 1st post with the new content list I put together, when I put it together fully.

Hope to see you guys with more soon!
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Released the doc for everyone to see, you will be able to see everything I add in, when I do.

Return to “Game Development”