My Game Project - RoS

Got a new game idea or Developing one, then this is the place
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Hey guys. Been fooling around with what cars to go in the initial release, how the releases will go on, etc.
In other news, I've been at (effortless) work at the new website. Same deal with the forum here, it will not be used NOW, and will only be used in early beta testing stages.

Here it is here.. I guess? http://prntscr.com/aayuun

The arrow is pointing to the button which links directly to the index page of here, so no.. you guys won't be forgotten.

You guys probably don't need the link to a website that literally serves no purpose and is far from completion, so I will let you guys know when the website has real art and progress.

Also, is there a good place to find devs who will work for free (now) and have good skill? I don't think I'll make it very far as an artist alongside a coder, for the game my size.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Venomalix wrote: Also, is there a good place to find devs who will work for free (now) and have good skill? I don't think I'll make it very far as an artist alongside a coder, for the game my size.
It will be hard getting someone to help with this sort of thing good skill and free don't go together very often. :(

Usually (but not always) people who start this sort of thing have some sort of experience in one of the development processes if you lack these skills but still have the ideas and planning knowhow then your best bet is to put the word out and advertise for help on places like Twitter and Facebook, setup a twitter and Facebook accounts and follow other designers then when you advertise they and others that follow them will see it. ;)

Also check these out:
http://www.gamecareerguide.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/

:party:
Image Image
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bezrider wrote:
Venomalix wrote: Also, is there a good place to find devs who will work for free (now) and have good skill? I don't think I'll make it very far as an artist alongside a coder, for the game my size.
It will be hard getting someone to help with this sort of thing good skill and free don't go together very often. :(

Usually (but not always) people who start this sort of thing have some sort of experience in one of the development processes if you lack these skills but still have the ideas and planning knowhow then your best bet is to put the word out and advertise for help on places like Twitter and Facebook, setup a twitter and Facebook accounts and follow other designers then when you advertise they and others that follow them will see it. ;)

Also check these out:
http://www.gamecareerguide.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/

:party:
Thank you, I will look into those options.

I will attempt to post four pieces of concept art for the cars (racecars may or may not be included). These cars will not have side views and will be 2D based.. I'm pretty bad at 3D.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

So I've taken a small break from the project, but now I'll be back on full-time for the next week or so, then I'll be back to weekends and breaks only.
In other news, I have gotten a guy to model the cars, probably more will come along.

When a car's model is completed, I will post it here.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Excellent look forward to seeing them. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Venomalix wrote:When a car's model is completed, I will post it here.
Cool 8-)

Looking forward to see those models :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Haven't heard from the main car artist for a little while about progress, but I'll assume for now that they're at work at the first model.

In other news, I have two car manufacturers left for descriptions. All descriptions will be stored in the main post inside of a spoiler. There are two models done as I said, but those have yet to be fixed up and prepared.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

The first car in the works is the Athi Mini.
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

At last, the car descriptions are finished. Now I'm moving onto statistics and possibly wrapping up the ideas. I might even have all that done by the end of Spring Break.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Awesome, any news on how the car designs are going. :?:
Image Image

Return to “Game Development”