Speed Elixir (Open world racer)

Got a new game idea or Developing one, then this is the place
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Fulysic wrote:Got a response sadly they have no QA slots available, i will contact them again in one month time so they get used to TDUTD name :rightthumbup:
Thanks for that mate. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fulysic wrote: so they get used to TDUTD name :rightthumbup:
Hope they will get used to TDUDT instead ;)

QA is usually an internal matter as they are recreating bugs etc. Alpha, Closed Beta and Focus group testing is probably our target.
I will try to find out who is behind this project.

:spy:

Edit: this has a bit of old school NFS flava to it.
Textures are probably just placeholders. (hope so anyway)
Cars look much better now than the environment.
Also the guard rails are mostly ongoing, leaving less room for exploration etc.
The tank station looks to become functional, probably for both repairs and fuel.
Driving physics in Arcade mode as shown, look like fun. :)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Im so glad that the open world driving genre is not dead. Its good to see developers still care and see potential in this.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This looks like it could be a promising game but from the observations I've made from that short video and very limited view of the type of roads in this game as yet it doesn't look like you can just go anywhere off road in this game. :(

I maybe wrong here as like I said this is a limited look at what will be a much bigger map but looking closely at the roadside as he drives along it has barriers on most of the road and the parts that don't ether have rocks or a fence, they did this sort of thing in Forza Horizon a lot so it gave the impression of open world but at the same time keeping you trapped in and only using the road system :o like I say I may be wrong but that's the way it looks so far.

So till we get more info on this I dint know if it will be truly open world or not. :party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:This looks like it could be a promising game but from the observations I've made from that short video and very limited view of the type of roads in this game as yet it doesn't look like you can just go anywhere off road in this game.
That was my first impression as well. In addition to the not so next gen graphics. But as car models are very nice, maybe the rest will follow.
There have been games in the past, like TDFRL, where car models looked awesome, but the driving environment was mediocre. All depending on the console capacity.
But we have seen what can be done in Forza and The Crew.

So if they want to enter this market of Open World Racers, they have to step up their graphics and also should not abuse "Open World" for a semi Open World environment and Racing experience. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'd have to agree with what being said about the graphics. At this point tdu2 has better environment graphics than what was shown in Speed Elixir ("first impression") video, and tdu2 is so 2011.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Is that off road. :? :mrgreen:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Not really impressed by this game, the handling and sound look and sound terrible, plus the graphics are like mention before worse than in TDU2, so i don't think this with be the new TDU2.

But i hope they prove me wrong, but that drift focused handling they showed in the video is a dealbreaking for me as i can't stand games that have the cars drifting in each corner no matter how you drive it.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I can take or leave the drift thing, not a massive fan of drifting but it's still cool to have the ability. 8-)

I also got a bit of info out of them on twitter last night about the map size. ;)
Sounds like it will be roughly the same size as one of the islands in TDU2.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Oahu could be lapped in 45 minutes or so. So i expect this to be a little bigger.
Nice scoop there Bez :D

The driving physics did not look too bad. The driver was provoking the sideways action, because a lot of players were fed up with TDU2 handling, where you could not drift. By showing this, they underline that driving physics should be fun.
Looks like they also grabbed the Atari forums feedback, just like the dev team at IT did for The Crew.

Graphics textures will most likely be placeholders.

:party:

Return to “Game Development”