Input Games D.R.I.V.E. Kickstarted!

Got a new game idea or Developing one, then this is the place
oddracer996
New Starter
New Starter

Image Four years ago someone on this forum asked for a link to a website. That link brought you to a website for a game being built by TDU2 fans who were not so satisfied with what TDU2 brought to the table. So we at Input Games decided to take on the challenge of making a racing game ourselves. The Input, from the community (you) will be very important in deciding what our next move will be, with the game and its contents.

D.R.i.V.E. (Diverse Racing in Vast Environments) lets you choose how to play, you can participate in races, do some delivery missions, get caught up in a pursuit and more. Or do exactly as the name suggests and drive. You can configure the ideal specification for your car from the dealer and store it in your house. From a 1.6L hatchback to a fully kitted out race car the choice is up to you.

D.R.i.V.E. will be set on a European island that might not always work with you in getting from A to B. Be sure to check if your route isn't flooded or blocked by a traffic accident, and be careful with routes taking you through tight residential neighborhoods or cross-country. There will be all sorts of roads from highways to dirt trails, and not all of them are as smooth or well maintained as others. Expect the same diversity in the landscapes with dense forests, a snowy summit, farm lands and beaches.

D.R.i.V.E. is a multiplayer game, but it won't force you to be with people you don't like. If you are trying to join the session a friend is in, you get priority over the other people instead of being thrown into random sessions. Organize road trips and car gatherings where you decide which brands and cars can participate. Complete challenges, with or against each other. If you don't feel like playing with others you can always drop into single-player and have the roads to yourself.

Currently D.R.i.V.E is being developed for the PC. Down the road we will be considering a console release.

On Kickstarter you can pledge from $5 onward, with more rewards for higher donations. These include having your own designed vehicles, brands or buildings put into D.R.I.V.E., or even a trip to the Nurburgring together with us!

Backing can be done through Kickstarter here: D.R.I.V.E. on Kickstarter
You can view our homepage here: Input Games
Follow us on Facebook
If you wish to contact us or even join the team follow this link here: Contact Us

So come on! Take a D.R.i.V.E with us!

Attachments
Minter_Front_New04.png
Interior_03.png
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice job !

I will contact Modek shortly.

:spy:

PS Funny thing is that i actually witnessed the birth of this team a long time ago. I was even involved with dev access and provided the usual ton of ideas and pointers to work with. Unfortunately a PC crash removed all contact details and when i tried to contact them, they had changed sites and also access. This was also due to the fact that i only checked in once every 3 months or so.
But i'm still in contact with some of the dev team and know a few of them.
As this project started as a side job for most, development was slow at the start. But it seems to come together nicely.

It is good to see that what once started out of frustration with the Eden/Atari mess called TDU2, has now become a real Indi studio.

We hope they will find their way to this forum, as a lot of TDU regulars are still roaming around here. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I also remember seeing this game pop up as an idea oh so very long ago. Was that over on the Atari Forums, or was that after the fact? Either way, I wanted to keep up with this game's development, but the thread I was following went quiet, and I couldn't find any other information. It's amazing to see it pop back up again! And with even more ambition than before!

It sounds like your studio has quite a bit of work ahead of you, but with good foundations to build up from, especially among the cars that you have already designed, I think you all could really make this project shine! Sadly, I am a console player, so I may never get to experience your game. :cry: But if release is still a long time out, anything could happen!

I wish you all the best, and I hope you can keep this thread updated with game information as I love to see the kind of work and passion that goes into these projects all throughout its development! :clap:

Edit: I just saw the words "custom paintwork" on your site. Now I'm really jealous that I won't be able to play this! :(
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
oddracer996
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:Nice job !

I will contact Modek shortly.

:spy:

PS Funny thing is that i actually witnessed the birth of this team a long time ago. I was even involved with dev access and provided the usual ton of ideas and pointers to work with. Unfortunately a PC crash removed all contact details and when i tried to contact them, they had changed sites and also access. This was also due to the fact that i only checked in once every 3 months or so.
But i'm still in contact with some of the dev team and know a few of them.
As this project started as a side job for most, development was slow at the start. But it seems to come together nicely.

It is good to see that what once started out of frustration with the Eden/Atari mess called TDU2, has now become a real Indi studio.

We hope they will find their way to this forum, as a lot of TDU regulars are still roaming around here. :party:
I joined back in 2012 only a few months before we brought Modek on to help us with the sounds. I know we changed the website up a bit in 20013/2014 but lost the domain not long after. For 2015 we didn't have a functioning website and kept most of the updates on our facebook page, but even those were few and far between. I think loosing the website for a year was both a good and bad thing, good because we were able to focus more on the game. Bad because we dropped out of the pbulic eye and I'm sure many people thought the project was dead.

I'm sure your suggestions early on helped shape the vision for the game to become what is today. Maybe at some point the rest of the team will pop in here and say a few words. If not we do have the forums in the pipeline that you will be able to access from the website. We currently don't have an eta on it at the moment.
grooks10 wrote:I also remember seeing this game pop up as an idea oh so very long ago. Was that over on the Atari Forums, or was that after the fact? Either way, I wanted to keep up with this game's development, but the thread I was following went quiet, and I couldn't find any other information. It's amazing to see it pop back up again! And with even more ambition than before!

It sounds like your studio has quite a bit of work ahead of you, but with good foundations to build up from, especially among the cars that you have already designed, I think you all could really make this project shine! Sadly, I am a console player, so I may never get to experience your game. :cry: But if release is still a long time out, anything could happen!

I wish you all the best, and I hope you can keep this thread updated with game information as I love to see the kind of work and passion that goes into these projects all throughout its development! :clap:

Edit: I just saw the words "custom paintwork" on your site. Now I'm really jealous that I won't be able to play this! :(
We did go quiet for a while we had some staffing changes and such early on because we needed to find people who worked well together and shared the vision. We do have a lot of work ahead of us, the kickstarter is our major focus right now. We are working hard to gain as much exposure as we can and have reached out to quite a few websites and youtube channels. We've got a lot of ground to cover to meet our kickstarter goal.

We chose to start with PC as the main platform because we all have PC's as our main gaming device. Sticking with one platform will help us develop the game to its full potential. I want to see this game move to consoles at some point, we just have to take it one step at a time for now.

I will try my best to keep this page updated as we add more to the game. We are currently working on some more in engine footage for the kickstarter page. I've also got a couple cars in the pipeline to finish up, the blue BMW based car in this thread is one of them.

So on that note I'll leave the post with this, Team VVV was nice enough to write an article about the game. I'll leave the link below so you can check it out.
http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... ickstarter
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice article. I know Martin Bigg, have met him in Lyon during the Crew Influencers event.

Thanks for sharing DRIVE progress here. I will follow this with great interest. :party:

:rightthumbup:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Awesome! Backed! :rightthumbup:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

dpuff wrote:Awesome! Backed! :rightthumbup:
Anyone else thinking of backing this project ?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:
dpuff wrote:Awesome! Backed! :rightthumbup:
Anyone else thinking of backing this project ?
Donno..after that Audi showoff video...didn't Jeremey Clarkson say something about that... :think:

:loll:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like this game is not going to make the target of £28,000 through Kickstarter only 3 days to go and just £870 pledged. :(
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Not enough advertizements? Or no real campaign?

They do not have real car licenses, but that should not be hindering the launch. :o

Return to “Game Development”