I got TDU2 for PS3 and Xbox 360

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

eaustinn36 wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Formally you are right off course. But as a customer you have a right to a good working product. This also applies for software.
You are right, but, then sue them.

Fact is, i tried very hard to get the devs fix things. More than anybody else. I won't waste any more time and energy on them.
And i do not trample on a dead corpse either.

For me those small things they left out to fix are signs of very little pride in their work. And as there are some people who try to do it themselves, we can only be grateful for that.
If they do take any legal action against players who use this patch, they will lose if it goes to court.
But i'm not interested in legal matters, only in a fixed game. And right now the "Unofficial Patch" seems to do just that. It is also the only option for fixes after DLC2 right now.

And you know i prefer to play the game vanilla and have the devs fix it. But that won't happen.

So the choice for PC players will be either to continue to play a bugged game or use the Unofficial Patch to fix stuff and have some additional fun with cars that were never released for some reason.
It would have generated some easy money for Atari if they had done that. A few cars and bikes would have made a nice DLC. I would have bought it and i'm sure many others with me.

With the closure of Eden games any development has stopped.

A real clever new owner would call those modders and make the patch official. :ugeek:

In a few weeks time we will know who the new owner of the TDU franchise will be. And after August/September when the transition will be completed we will know what will happen next.

:back to topic:

Back O/T, I think only Grumpy and Bfast have TDU2 for all available systems.

I don't know if it will be easy to replace those DLC2 sounds with the release ones. But an option to choose which one to use with every car would be awesome. Some cars do sound better after the patch but some others most certainly not.
The funny thing is, that the devs always stated that they would never change those sounds as they were happy with the results. But after some Atari bobo told them to take a look into it, they worked on it.
Makes you wonder why they haven't pushed the feedback list from us a little harder.

That would have made any "Unofficial Patch" obsolete.

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

If I had a decent PC, I would be tempted to buy TDU2 for it, and be very tempted to DL this unofficial patch, if nothing else, just to be able to drive the Evora again since that car is undrivable for me now (thanks to DLC2), but buying a new PC is not an option for me ATM.

I'm not into modding and generally I could care less, I just want a 100% working game.
CaptainTNT
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I finished the Solar crown today on 360. I did the lap around Hawaii in 50 minutes with the Veyron 16.4. I got the Ariel Atom V8 today. It sounds better now than what it does when updated. Yeah so I did the Solar Crown races in around a week.
:flags-australia: Mate.
I been playing Team Fortress 2 since the 24th of September 2007.
I played Gran Turismo 5 since 24th of November 2010.
I played Test Drive Unlimited 2 since the 9th of February 2011
I play Forza Horizon 3 .
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

CaptainTNT wrote:I finished the Solar crown today on 360. I did the lap around Hawaii in 50 minutes with the Veyron 16.4. I got the Ariel Atom V8 today. It sounds better now than what it does when updated. Yeah so I did the Solar Crown races in around a week.
lol I'm still at B4 (one year with this profile "Silver_Arrow-X" )
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
EarlHunter
New Starter
New Starter

CaptainTNT wrote:I finished the solar panel crown today on 360. I did the lap around Hawaii in 50 minutes with the Veyron 16.4. I got the Ariel Atom V8 today. It sounds better now than what it does when updated. Yeah so I did the Solar Crown races in around a week.
I am not able to reach solar crown but I hope I will be able to clear it very soon:)

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”