OMG! a video in 2160p !!

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was doing some testing of my Divx convertor to try and fix the sound being out of sync . instead of the usual 1080p setting, I tried a new setting I got in the most recent update called HD +4k. I tried it and uploaded to YouTube.

and it turned out to be in 2160p ! ! !

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

OMG indeed :eeek:
I didn't eve know you could do this with youtube, the video looks awesome although at the highest setting half of the video screen was blank. :(
ImageImage
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, thats what 4K is all about

2K is full HD, 4K is UHD

And prices for 4K TVs are dropping fast. Right now they can only do 30fps, but that will soon be doubled lol.

4K monitors are still ridiculously expensive. And you will need a couple of Tttans to power it up. But gaming or watching movies in that resolution will be sweet.

PS With windows movie maker i never get those sync issues and is super easy to use. 8-)

:party:

PPS Lol, you have even more trees in Whiterun than i do and i use Dawn of Whiterun and Detailed Cities haha.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

it only seems to be doing it to the videos made from Shadowplay. I just got through testing a video I made in Battleground Europe using Playclaw. I was going to run it through Divx and see how it did in 4k. turns out 4k isn't compatible the Playclaw codec. I can only use the old 1080p setting.

that's ok anyway because Skyrim doesn't like me using Playclaw to record with, it has a steady pattern of hesitations. you don't even notice when Shadowplay is on.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Shadowplay makes use of the Hardware H264 encoder on your card and has almost no influence on performance.
I recorded last Drivetime cruise with it. And the filesizes are a lot smaller than with FRAPS or Afterburner.

I think it is a great tool and a very clever solution from NVidia 8-)

PS Even if it is an upscale, still congrats on your first 4K Youtube video. :rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

Playclaw records in avi format. Shadowplay is using mp4. in the Divx convertor, I was never able to use the HEVC converter because it didn't support avi.

now I use the HEVC for Shadowplay files and the old avi converter for everything else. you can only use Shadowplay on games it supports. so far it is only showing support for Skyrim and Team Fortress2. I hope The Crew gets support on Shadowplay.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Avi and Mp4 are containers. Divx, Xvid, X264 and H264 are codecs.

Avi can contain a lot of different codecs. Most editing programs will only support standard combinations.
Cool part about the Hardware encoder is that it encodes in an industry standard. It will be supported by most programs and players because of that.

Is there a reason you don't want to use moviemaker? I have some fancy video editors, but always use moviemaker for game vids.

For 4K is a new codec developed; H265. That will compress even better and also make 4K broadcasting possible. That will take a while before it becomes widespread available.
If you buy a Sony 4K TV you can download some content for it.

:character-blues:

Return to “PC”