Tdu2 no longer on steam for purchase

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
GeforcerFX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

So from the looks of it you can no longer buy tdu2 from steam. Looks like Gamefly still has it on digital for PC and its still sold on the Games on Demand for the Xbox 360.
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I did hear some rumors that Steam ran out of Keys for TDU2 when the sale was on, don't know if this was because they didn't have many left in the sale and didn't expect the demand or they where just selling off what they had left because they know something we don't :eeek:
Weekend must be coming up, servers are down again on PC :party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bad sign or just another hickup?
The renewed activity in TDU2 due to the Steam Sales was most welcome. And TBH without the online component it is just another racer. The ability to drive around with friends is what makes it special.
On the other hand, server lease was rumored to be until spring this year. And as usual the Atari communications work overtime...not.
Worst PR ever.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I had a lot of fun on tdu2, but sooner or later the servers will eventually stop forever, but I did find a few games that I can play instead which are Planetside 2 and
Assetto Corsa. So, at this point I won't be as sad as I thought I would be if the servers go down. I have to admit, I spent a lot of time on those paint jobs and I will
miss them. It's time to move on I guess. :auto-driving:
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

dpuff wrote:I have to admit, I spent a lot of time on those paint jobs and I will
miss them. It's time to move on I guess. :auto-driving:
I felt the exact same way when I had to give up Midnight Club LA! But it's going to be even harder with this game; my cars in TDU2 were by far my best works. I will miss them dearly, but if there's a TDU3 with a similar paint shop, I will be a happy camper.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Servers are up again. Someone must have been awake oversees.
Once you think you got out, they pull you back in :loll:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

GeforcerFX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I have been playing the game more and more offline to prepare for the possible server shutdown in February/spring. That and i am enjoying a lot of the mods the games has. But if it goes offline I will miss cruising around meeting new people, hopefully one of the mod groups can create some kind of multiplayer for the PC (not impossible but very hard) or work on the AI to make them fill the gap a bit.
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
azuro1125
New Starter
New Starter

That will truly be a sad day. I am still trting to convert my atari.com account over to tdu2 so I can play for what little time there is left online. The good news is that I was able to get the mod working after tons of restarts and tinkering. I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to Xarlith and the rest of the contributors who made this mod a reality. You are truly the saviors of this wonderful game that was abandoned by its creators.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TDU2 is back up at Steam. And the issue with the keys seems to have been sorted.

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”