Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

So let me get this straight.

In a regular test, the 918 (German car) was faster than the P1 (British car) around the track, in which was a reality that the commentators (British) could not handle, so they swapped out the tires of the P1 for special aftermarket ones (cheating) and then declared in the end the P1 faster around a track?

Typical.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The Pirelli Corza's the P1 had on is not intended for for the track, whereas the Pireli P-zero Trofao tire is a semi slick. And the 918 had Michelins Pilot Sport Cup 2 tire on which also in a semi slick, so in all fairness this test was fair for both cars :geek:

But i see why might call it cheating, but really, it isn't - it's just making it fair for both cars. And lets face it the tires are the most critical element of car handling ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is a well known fact that some car manufacturers mount extra sticky rubber for tests.
There once was a GTR N-ring time DQ because of it and the notorious dyno tests where a Ferrari 360 literally melted to the rolls was also an excellent example of it.
The Top Gear Schumacher "Stig" FXX time was also withdrawn from the board for using cut slicks.

Only way to fully make these tests "independent", is to mount similar tires, or get them from a 3rd party tire dealer, as these tires are usually specially developed for these cars.

But it is indeed a bit obvious that British testers favour a British Car. :mrgreen:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Showroom”