Official Wheel settings thread for the crew

Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

I tweaked my settings the other week and can now run 900 degrees no problem with good feeling across various specs.

Just didn't take a screenshot
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

For the Fanatec CSW setup, i leave the FFB slider at the default 70% and most settings at 100 on the wheel, except Shock at 70 and wheel rotation at either 540 or 900 depending on the car and the occasion (Racing or Cruising).

All we need now is support for the shifting lights.
I heard that some wheels did light up, but not all the time, lol. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
oddracer996
New Starter
New Starter

Since I haven't seen anyone post anything for the T500 I thought I would post up my settings from the control panel.

Here's a link to my setup just in-case anyone is interested.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156 ... bdc4e1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thanks for that. I played with the T500RS in Lyon and it worked very well with The Crew.
I use 540 degrees on that one as well BTW.
Nobody else could drive with it in my settings, lol. They were all over the place. :auto-swerve:

But it reacts very good and gives a great control and feel.
I would only change the pedal set a bit. But i'm spoiled with my Fanatec Gear :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

oddracer996
New Starter
New Starter

I was looking at a Fanatec set but at the time pretty much everything I could afford from their website was out of stock or invite only. The T500 was in stock at a local store and I wasn't going to get a new wheel without the three pedal setup. Funny thing is the brake pedal with the extra resistance feels just like the brake pedal in my dads car. I was also lucky to get the TH8A the day after Christmas from Amazon even though it was supposed to be back ordered until late January.

But I'm really enjoying the wheel a big step up from the G27, which is now in storage just in case. I use 900 degree steering which works really well with the game, even though the animations don't really line up. With the G27 I tried less than 900 at one point, not sure what I used though. But I was all over the road because it was almost too responsive for me, lol.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I did find for me that lowering sensitivity for throttle and brake worked well on my G27, rest of the settings I pretty much follow what's in this thread. Brakes and throttle were way to touchy in mostly dirt and circuit. Brakes would lock up or the back of the car was always coming around. With the additional travel, I personally get more of a feel of an actual brake and gas pedal. Works pretty good for me.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Seems too much FFB has broken my wheel. Last couple of days I would drive and the wheel will not center. I drive straight, wheel is angled 30 deg. left. Happens after off road in raid or winding roads in any car. I can unplug and it will recenter but it happens again. Known issue for G27 from what I read on forums, screws loosen. A couple of YouTube videos out also on how to fix. I will take apart tomorrow and see. Looks easy enough and I am no stranger to doing this sort of thing. Worse that could happen, new wheel but no playing until it gets here.

Will have to turn FFB way down when I want to drive raid. I have been following GPS ribbon in mountains and other places to explore. Some paths are dangerous but drivable. Wheel shakes crazy sometimes. That's my sad story. :cry:
Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

Yeah, another friend of mine had the same issue after doing a 30min endurance dirt race in GT6 dirt race in GT6.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I hope you can fix that. To avoid clipping or overclocking of the wheel, leave it at the default 70% strength in the slider. This avoids the jerking of the wheel. It is important to find the sweetspot with logitech wheels, as above that value the FFB effects will be not as good as they can be.

I found some G27 setups on the Ubi Forum

Profiler:

Sensitivity 80
FFB 70
Spring 100
Damper 100

Centering only if you need it.

But this dude also has the wheel rotation at just 200 or so. You can try 270 degrees for an arcade setup, but i would advise to go 540-720 for the best driving experience. Maybe more sensitivity should be applied than.

Jeragger
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

It's been a long time since I had an opportunity to boot up the crew and drive. The first thing I noticed is that in perf and circuit spec, the "featherweight" in my g27 is gone. I can no longer notice a HUGE difference in the specs because of this. Is anyone else getting this? Intentional or is it just on my end? I checked my settings in the profiler and in game and its exactly as I left them.

Return to “The Crew Game”