ROCCAT™ Power-Grid™

No votes

Total votes: 0
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

You can now control the in game phone in The Crew with your own phone by using this app (haven't checked it out yet but am told it works.
It needs to be installed on your PC and Phone to work check out the link

http://power-grid.roccat.org/en/Store/G ... ports/485/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Power Grid.JPG
See the on site videos for details.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, does this even work?

There is still no news about the app that should control your savegame from Ivory Tower.
This French dude is a member of the TDU France community and i know him. So maybe i will try to trace him and try to get some info from him.

If this works, than it is a cool addition to the game, like a remote 8-)
But you still need to start your game.
I really look forward to the app from Ivory Tower. But it has been silence around that subject lately. Maybe it has been put on Ice for later.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

From what I can make out it acts like an extension to your keyboard on your phone or tablet.
It works the same way as assigning macro keys to your keyboard but instead you create them on your phone/tablet.
Could be used for lots of options in game and would be cool setup next to your wheel on a tablet as you can create designer buttons with words photos on them to show what they do.

You could even make it like an in car dashboard.
@MadManCK yes I noticed Keyser92 from TDU France has his name on the page so I read about it on the forum and it is supposed to work ok.
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Not really sure what real use it would give in this game. Maybe to control the radio while driving but most of the other stuff in the phone stops the car anyway so may as well use mouse. If that's the main use, then why not use phone or tablet to stream music. If I went through the motions to set up a tablet I may as well stream my Pandora stations. Real curious if anyone here tries it what use they find for it and what kind of lag there is.
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

Might give it a shot. Sounds too good to be true lol.

AWW! You need a roccat serial number to register. :( :handgestures-thumbdown:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I'll wait for Ivory Tower to release the app for iPhone and Android.

That will give you access to your savegame and allows you to pimp your ride, while enjoying a cold one on a terrace somewhere.
And you will be able to stay in touch through Uplay. And you can send friends on missions without having to log into your PC every time.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

I finally managed to download it. On my Galaxy Tab 2 and my PC.

Its a pretty good app.
And as far as the app goes its in FRANCE! Yes. The language is in france. I might be able to change the language by using mah newbie scripting skills. So stay tuned. :spy:

EDIT : Mostly everything works but the the navigation button thats supposed to go up does not work at times. The zoom in and out are disfunctional. The touche secondarie or whatever is called does nothing. Pretty neat if you are too lazy to press ESC on your keyboard.
It also does need even need any scripting skills to change anything just a more advanced version of photoshop sound reasonable.

EDIT X2 : You can assign shortcuts to anything. You can even control your car with it. Just like an extra pack of Macros(G-Keys).. Its like playing a game using your phone as a controller. Pretty good sofftware there Roccat. Dont hesitate to download if you want to use your phone as a game controller. Works for every game if you tune it perfectly.

Note : It shows your system specs. CPU TEMP, USAGE, etc. I dont need them coz i already have mah keyboards lcd screen to do that. :woot:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Glad you got it to work :2thumbsup:
I know you can also use it on lots of other games and if the Companion app doesn't come out soon I might gust give it a go.
Although I do think they are keeping the companion app back for a reason (not just because it's not ready) as last time I spoke to one of the devs about it he said he had been told he was not allowed to comment on it. :o
If it wasn't ready he would of just said they are still working on it. :think:
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”