How to Play The Crew on a PS3 controller.

DudeX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

For now, controllers are not supported for The Crew. However, I found a way of making this happen. All you need is one program. This is highly recommended for PC players who wants to play The Crew on their console.

What you'll need:
1 PS3 controller (xbox controller can also be used, but for this tutorial, I will use a PS3 controller. Well not the real PS3 controller. Just a gaming console for PC and PS3 )
JoyToKey. It is free pay $10 to open it. This is the core of this tutorial. I tried MotionJoy or DS3 but it doesn't seem to detect my controller.

That's all you need!

Double click in a button in that program to assign a key. If you don't know which button, just press any button and a yellow mark will appear in that button you pressed. I already have my setup for this so you can just follow it.

and now you're finished! If you have any questions, please comment below and I'll try to answer it!

Have fun playing the Crew on PC using a console :woot:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

I have never heard of JoyToKey before, and when I had a problem to make my DS3 work on the PC and started askin' on forums for a better program than MotionJoy no one ever mentioned it. :|
DudeX wrote: I tried MotionJoy or DS3 but it doesn't seem to detect my controller.
All you had to do was click on some button called "Install drivers", at least this is what solved my problem when it didn't want to detect the controller. And then, of course, switch to BetterDS3, it's essentially the same as MotionJoy but you don't need to connect to the internet to start it, but you will still need the other program to "install drivers." :geek:

I know almost nothing about what I just talked about, this is all just based on the personal experience I had to make my DS3 work on PC. Image

And no, I'm not a PC gamer now. I only use it to emulate old PSX games.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
DudeX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Tsukishima wrote:I have never heard of JoyToKey before, and when I had a problem to make my DS3 work on the PC and started askin' on forums for a better program than MotionJoy no one ever mentioned it. :|
DudeX wrote: I tried MotionJoy or DS3 but it doesn't seem to detect my controller.
All you had to do was click on some button called "Install drivers", at least this is what solved my problem when it didn't want to detect the controller. And then, of course, switch to BetterDS3, it's essentially the same as MotionJoy but you don't need to connect to the internet to start it, but you will still need the other program to "install drivers." :geek:

I know almost nothing about what I just talked about, this is all just based on the personal experience I had to make my DS3 work on PC. Image

And no, I'm not a PC gamer now. I only use it to emulate old PSX games.
tried all but still nothing. So for now, I stick with MotionJoy. Works with every game.
Whiterun Guard
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Wheel > Controller > Keyboard.

End of the story*.

*for racing games

But it still nice to see a tutorial for those who can't get MotionJoy to work, thanks.
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

Tried Better DS3? I use it basically to connect TWO PS3 controllers to my PC. Detects like a pro. Needs no Internet Connection and you have it FOR FREE.

I started using it when MotionJoy did not want to detect my second controller while playing lego batman(Dont judge me k?Its fun when you have 2 players.) with my cousin.

Accidentally quoted Tsuki. XD

Return to “The Crew Game”