Playseats

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

One of the big issues of creating a custom driving rig in your home is the place it consumes. If you do not have the space for a permanant solution, the hassle of mounting and taking of your wheel from your desk or table can become annoying, leaving some with alternative options, that do not take time to setup, like controllers.
Bear304 wrote:Hmm yeah i guess i could find i way modify the wheel rim, but i would still have the constant issue of not having space enough to mount it for longer that a few hours at a time, but you are right - i should use it more than i do.
This post from Bear reminded me of some solutions i saw a while back. I'm thinking of creating a fast to setup rig for friends to race against at home.

There are some awesome solutions for that from Playseat.

Like this Playseat Challenge. It looks like a pimped garden chair/baby seat, but is actually very clever made.
It is completely foldable and will take very little time to setup. Big advantage is you can leave the wheel on the chair and it wont take up desk space. And according to some tests, it is a lot more stable than you think.

If you have some space to slide it aside, the classic models come in mind. Also partially foldable. Probably the better solution for families.

If you have the space, like Max Verstappen, there is the F1 style seat. Just looks awesome, but has a limited purpose.

I'm thinking of getting a playseat challenge. Looks very comfy :2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow those are some good options, i think this Playseat Challenge would be the right one to get as it is very compact and looks comfy enough

And just look how little space the Playseat Challenge needs :shock:

That's just about the same as big folding chair .. it is a very good way of minimizing the space needed for a racing wheel set up, it's awesome :D
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

OMFG just saw the downright scary price for the Playseat Challenger, it is ALOT coming in at 245 euros, and then it is only a seat and some bend metal tubes... Though it is a very clever racing chair, it simply isn't worth that amount of money... and mind you this seat was made in 2013 !!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Doesn't really matter when it was designed. over here prices are below 200. 199€ at the official site. And 195 at another site
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/playseat-challe ... 013585155/

http://www.playseatstore.nl/challenge.html

It is not really expensive. But in the beginning the Playseats were wielded by a race car driver and available for less. Times change.
It is made from Alcantara as well.

But i have always found playseats a plausible solution for a basic rig at home
Especially as you can easily store them away.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm that's quite abit less, i just went with the cheapest i could find DK store price, but lol no point in paing nearly 100 euros more for it lol :lol:

You would think European store would sell it at the same prices ... but nope greedy bastards.

At playseats own site in is only 216 US about 183 euros, but i don't know about the shipping from the USA could be pricy to have them ship a huge 12 kg box over the Atlantic :?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

As long as there is no trade agreement with the USA it is not wise to ship anything to Europe, unless you can't get it here.

You have to pay higher shipping, import taxes and VAT. It will be more expensive and when something is wrong with it, you have to go through the whole procedure again.

:ugeek:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thats a very valid point, but to be honest i wasn't about to buy a racing seat, as i much more need a new and comfy desk chair maybe one of those premium gaming chairs the look like a sports car seat ;)

But yes shipping from the USA to Europe is bought slow and crazy expensive - so like you said, it is only an option if it is not in stock in Europe :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are a lot of cool desk racing seats. Like the on JayZ2Cents has.

Or the Playseat Top Gear office chair, lol.
Also crazy expensive at 400€

Or this gaming seat with built in speakers hahaha :lol:

Or one from Arozzi

https://www.alternate.nl/html/product/l ... tingResult

Plenty of options to choose from.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I was thinking something like one from AKRacing their Premium chair, but those are very expensive.

And I'm not even sure I'll gen a new chair any time soon as the chair I have now is still decent enough ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I just got this one a few weeks ago, not really a gaming chair but meets my needs (and yes I like red) :D
$_57.jpg
$_572.jpg
Image Image

Return to “Gaming Gear”