The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe '35
Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe '35.jpg
There are few cars that are as dramatic as the Jonckheere Coupe. Its imposing length, menacing curves and oversize grill make most other pre-war cars look boring. And it certainly makes most other Rolls-Royces look staid by comparison. Furthermore, the benchmarks of size, stature, cost and risk will probably never be reached again. If we had to pick the most memorable Rolls-Royce, this would have to be it.

Such a striking car would certainly have to have an eccentric owner and certainly be born in the Art Deco movement of the 1930s. The Jonckheere Coupe was very much a part of this movement with its stylish modernism and mathematical geometric shapes which were popular at the time. This is especially true of the car’s circular doors which give it a proper nickname: “The Round Door Rolls”.

The doors, which are actually oval, required two half-moon pieces of glass that closed towards each other within a complex winding mechanism. Other details included sliding left and right sun vents, a sloping fastback profile and an enormous rear tail fin. It was also one of the few Phantom I's which featured a modified front grill.

The origin’s of the Jonckheere Coupe stretch around the world, but start in Great Britain at the Rolls-Royce factory. As early as 1907, Rolls and Henry Royce were setting high standards of luxury, reliability and craftsmanship in their cars. This trend never died and the same company is still making cars true to the company’s origins.

This design philosophy caught the attention of the Raja of Nanpara. His Great Nanpara Estate had already contained a polished aluminum 40/50HP Silver Ghost when he ordered Rolls-Royce’s latest Phantom. Upon arrival, the owner probably didn’t like the conventional Hooper cabriolet bodywork and it was eventually scrapped and replaced with the body that eventually would made it famous.

Then almost 10 years old, this rolling chassis was then shipped to Belgium to the shop of Henri Jonckheere and his son Joseph Jonckheere. They were well known throughout Europe for making bodies on both cars and busses. The later of which is still in production today as VDL Jonckheere. The commissioning owner of the car is uncertain due to war damage at the factory, but the design is not. The Jonckheeres created an extravagant body which has just as much impact 75 years after its constuction as it did in 1935. The car was finished in time for the Concours on the French Riviera where it won the ‘Prix de Cannes’ award.

Specs:
Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe '35 specs.PNG
Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe '35 specs.PNG (4.73 KiB) Viewed 3284 times
Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe '35 rear.jpg
Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe '35 side.jpg
Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe '35 interior.jpg
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

Bentley R-Type Continental Mulliner Fastback '52
Bentley R-Type Continental Mulliner Fastback '52.jpg
At £7,300, the Bentley R-Type Continental was the most expensive sports car in the world when it was introduced in 1952. As the name suggests, it was based on the R-Type and was intended to be the range-topping, high-performance Grand Tourer that would top Bentley's range. Compared to the 'standard' model, the R-Type Continental benefitted from a lightened construction and a more powerful version of the Rolls-Royce sourced engine.

Like the 'standard' R-Type Bentley, introduced in 1951 to replace the Mk VI, the Continental was built on a straightforward steel frame. This was, however, lightened where possible. Independent suspension was fitted at the front, while the rear-end featured a live axle. The straight six engine from the R-Type was fitted with a high compression head, raising power to around 158 bhp. Initially a four-speed manual was the only option but by 1953 a GM-sourced Hydramatic automatic gearbox became available.

Bentley offered the R-Type Continental as a rolling chassis to be bodied by the customers' coach-builder of choice. The very first and a majority of the rest were clothed by HJ Mulliner with a fastback coupe body styled by Stanley Watts, who was influenced by windtunnel tests conducted by Rolls-Royce. Many years later, tests with an actual car showed that the Fastback Coupe was not quite as slippery as it looked. Among the other coach-builders that worked their magic on the Continental were the likes of Park Ward, Pinin Farina and Franay, sometimes using the lightweight panels and other components like the special seats supplied by Mulliner.

The first R-Type Continental was ready in the second half of 1951 but production did not get under way until the start of 1952. When the R-Type was superseded by the S1 in 1955, a Continental version was also developed but it is not as highly regarded as the original. During the four-year production period, five distinct evolution can be identified; A through E. Launched together with the Hydramatic gearbox, the C series of 1953 is the most popular. The D and E models received a slightly larger and more powerful engine, which was also retrofitted to some earlier cars.

By the summer of 1955, Bentley had produced 208 R-Type Continentals. In addition to being the most expensive car on sale at the time, it was also the fastest production four-seater car with a top speed of over 190 km/h. Combining speed, style and luxury, the R-Type Continental today ranks among the most sought after of all Bentley and is still considered the marque's finest post-War model.

Specs:
Bentley R-Type Continental Mulliner Fastback '52 specs.PNG
Bentley R-Type Continental Mulliner Fastback '52 specs.PNG (5.12 KiB) Viewed 3134 times
Bentley R-Type Continental Mulliner Fastback '52 rear.jpg
Bentley R-Type Continental Mulliner Fastback '52 side.jpg
Bentley R-Type Continental Mulliner Fastback '52 interior.jpg
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Jim Khougaz Bonneville D Modified Roadster '57
Jim Khougaz Bonneville D Modified Roadster '57.jpg
It's hard to conceive that this razor-nosed streamlined race car began life as a humble 1927 Model T Ford Roadster. A four page article in the January 1959 issue of Hot Rod Magazine was entitled 'T Masterpiece.' The story stated that the space frame built from 1.75 inch diameter tubing 'would do credit to an Indy Roadster.' The engine is a highly modified 467 cubic inch 1957 Chrysler Hemi featuring a Vertex magneto and eight Stromberg 97 carburetors. The steel roadster was streamlined with a hand-formed aluminum nose, hood, and belly pan by Claude Hampson. At its first run at Bonneville in 1957, the metallic blue roadster achieved its best speed of 342,4 km/h.

In 1958 at more than 320 km/h, a rear axle broke causing the car to flip. Testimony to the SCTA rules and the quality of construction is the fact that Khougaz's only injuries were arm burns suffered when he extinguished the ensuing fire in the carburetors. Following the 1958 Bonneville Nationals, Khougaz stored it in his shop for over forty years. It was discovered by collector Richard V. Munz of Madison, WI, who was able to convince Khougaz to sell it. A multi-year restoration was completed by Jim Busby in 2008. The car was shown at the Grand National Roadster Show and the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. In 2015 the car was generously donated to the NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, CA, where it is part of the permanent collection.

Specs:
Jim Khougaz Bonneville D Modified Roadster '57 specs.png
Jim Khougaz Bonneville D Modified Roadster '57 specs.png (6.92 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
Jim Khougaz Bonneville D Modified Roadster '57 rear.jpg
Jim Khougaz Bonneville D Modified Roadster '57 side.jpg
Jim Khougaz Bonneville D Modified Roadster '57 interior.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

GAZ GL-1 '38
ГАЗ ГЛ-1 '38.jpg
The GAZ GL-1 (ГАЗ ГЛ-1) is a pre-war Russian GAZ racing car designed by Evgenie Agitov. The GL-1 was built in Gaza in 1938 and was based on components from a GAZ M-1. The GAZ M-1, which was produced between 1936 and 1942 based on the 1933 Ford V8-40. The body of the car was built on top of a stock M1 frame. A GAZ M-1 engine that was boosted to 65 hp instead of 50 hp powered the car. The engine was hopped up by increasing the compression ratio and by installing experimental cylinder heads and larger valves. Once completed, the GL-1 debuted in Kiev in October 1938. Driven by GAZ test technician Arkady Nikolaev, the car was able to reach a top speed of 148 km/h with the modified GAZ M-1 engine.

In 1940 a stock GAZ-11-73 with its new straight 6 engine was able to reach a top speed of 140 km/h. Under Agitov's leadership, a decision was made to upgrade the GL-1 so the car received a new 6 cylinder 100 hp engine from a GAZ-11-73. This version of the car was also redesigned in order to improve the aerodynamics and in order to prevent the engine from overheating which had been a problem with the first version. A new grille was made for the car and a bubble was mounted over the driver's compartment. These improvements increased the weight of the car from 1000 kg to 1100kg. September 22, 1940, the second version of the GL-1 became the quickest car of the Soviet Union when it sat an All-Union speed record of 161.9 km/h.

The GL-1 was destroyed under mysterious circumstances. One story claims that it was cut up into pieces at the factory, while another claims that it was destroyed during a bombing of the GAZ factory.

February 26, 2010, a recreation of the second version of the GAZ GL-1 was displayed at the Moscow Museum. The recreation was built by Boushuev Coachbuild and took 3 years to build. The recreation was built from drawings made by the famous artist Alexander Zakharov that were based on surviving photographs.

Specs:
ГАЗ ГЛ-1 '38 specs.png
ГАЗ ГЛ-1 '38 specs.png (5.29 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
ГАЗ ГЛ-1 '38 rear.jpg
ГАЗ ГЛ-1 '38 side.jpg
ГАЗ ГЛ-1 '38 interior.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13.jpg
The Genesis Coupe is a sporty 2-door that shares a platform with the Genesis luxury coupe. Introduced in 2008, it follows in the footsteps of the Tiburon, Turbulence and Tuscani.

The Genesis Coupe is shorter than the sedan by 13,5 inches, with a wheelbase that's also shorter, by 4,5 inches. These dimensions, combined with the front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout and four-wheel independent suspension, gave the car excellent agility. The engine choices were a 3.6-liter V6 or a turbocharged 2-liter inline 4. Thanks to the car's excellent power delivery and agile rear-drive handling, the Genesis Coupe quickly gained popularity.

In the U.S., it proved its high potential by waging battle in Formula D and taking on the renowned Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. A minor change was inplemented in 2012 that gave the coupe sharper looks, but the focus was on increasing engine output across the board. Power for the 3.8-liter V6 was increased to approximately 345 HP, making it one of the most powerful cars in its class. Also, in addition to the previous 6-speed manual gearbox, a paddle-shift 8-speed unit was added as an option.

The high-performance model is the 3.8 Track. Springs, dampers, and stabilizers were developed on the race track as were the adjustable front camber and Torsen LSD. Brembo four-piston calipers added to the car's pure sport focus. In well-respected tests carried out by unbiased organizations, the Genesis Coupe easily outperformed class rivals.

Specs:
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 specs.png
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 specs.png (5.97 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 rear.jpg
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 side.jpg
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 interior.jpg
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bentley Hunaudières '99
Bentley Hunaudières '99.jpg
Bentley Motor Cars revealed a dramatic concept car the Hunaudières at 1999 Geneva Motor Show, one year after Volkswagen Volkswagen became the owner of Bentley company. This supercar project provided the debut of a new 16 cylinder engine developed to a specific brief to provide a technologically advanced power plant with unique Bentley characteristics.

The Hunaudières' name pays homage to the famous straight of Circuit de la Sarthe where Sir Tim Birkin in a "Blower Bentley" overtook Rudolf Carraciola in a Mercedes-Benz SSK at 125 miles per hour (201 km/h) with one wheel on the grass down the Hunaudières straight.

The Hunaudières has a 16-cylinder engine with 8 litre capacity. The engine has an output of 630 hp) and a maximum torque of 760 Nm. Thanks to variable camshaft timing, 85% of the torque is available at as low as 1,500 revs. The engine is made up of two banks of eight cylinders which are fitted at 72° to form a W, based on the VR principle with a cylinder angle of 15°.

Specs:
Bentley Hunaudières '99 specs.png
Bentley Hunaudières '99 specs.png (5.8 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Bentley Hunaudières '99 rear.jpg
Bentley Hunaudières '99 side.jpg
Bentley Hunaudières '99 interior.jpg
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Autodelta 156 GTA 3.7 V6 '04
Autodelta 156 GTA 3.7 V6 '04.jpg
Introduced at the 1997 Frankfurt Motor Show as the replacement for the Alfa Romeo 155, the 156 (Tipo 932) is a compact executive car produced by the Italian automobile manufacturer Alfa Romeo from 1996 to 2007, the 156 was available in saloon, Sportwagon estate and Crosswagon crossover bodystyles with seven engine configurations; it went through two facelifts, first in 2002 and then in 2003.

The 156 was designed by Alfa Centro Stile under control of head designer Walter de'Silva. Its distinctive style included high curved flanks, retro styled front door handles, hidden rear door handles, and a dramatic deep grille, which necessitated a highly unusual off-centre licence plate holder. The car was one of the first saloons to feature hidden rear door handles and prominent front door handles to give it a coupé look. The design was influenced by three historical Alfa Romeo models: the 1900, the Giulietta and the Giulia. The 156 achieved a drag coefficient (Cd) of 0.31. Late 2003 saw the launch of a facelifted 156, with new front and rear fascias designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro.

The 156 GTA was launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2001. The GTA was named after the Alfa Romeo GTA from the 1960s, the letters GTA meaning Gran Turismo Alleggerita (English: lightened Grand Tourer). In 2004 Autodelta made two high performance versions based on 156 GTA, in one version, the Alfa Romeo V6 engine was bored to 3750 cc, which was capable to push 328 hp at 7,300 rpm. With this power the car could reach top speed of 280 kilometres per hour. The other one was an "upgrade" of the first version, fitted with Rotrex supercharger and pushing out 400 hp.

Specs:
Autodelta 156 GTA 3.7 V6 specs.png
Autodelta 156 GTA 3.7 V6 specs.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
Autodelta 156 GTA 3.7 V6 '04 rear.jpg
Autodelta 156 GTA 3.7 V6 '04 side.jpg
Autodelta 156 GTA 3.7 V6 '04 interior.jpg
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
ENZO
New Starter
New Starter

Tsukishima wrote:Specs:
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 specs.png
Not trying to be that type of person but FYI, the numbers in length, width and height should have a point and not a comma, otherwise you're pretty much saying a car is 734 inches wide. Same scenario for the weight category but with commas instead of points, you're saying that a car weighs 1 kg and 500 g.

Also, notice how it's always written "lenght" instead of the correct "length" in the table. Just trying to help.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ENZO wrote:Not trying to be that type of person but FYI, the numbers in length, width and height should have a point and not a comma, otherwise you're pretty much saying a car is 734 inches wide. Same scenario for the weight category but with commas instead of points, you're saying that a car weighs 1 kg and 500 g.
This is something I was told already before, I just don't remember where though. The way I do it is the way I've learned it and it's not actually wrong. Here in South America we do the exact opposite way you mention how it is. :geek:
ENZO wrote:Also, notice how it's always written "lenght" instead of the correct "length" in the table. Just trying to help.
Hmm, now this is something no one has ever pointed out before. During all this time I've never noticed it, nor anyone else from here or the other car forum I use to see if people like or not some cars I add to the list.

I guess I will give zero effs about this typo since I have no intention of correctin' 100+ specs tables, I will only do it for future specs tables, thanks for findin' it.

死の (Shino) wrote:Autodelta 156 GTA 3.7 V6 '04
Welcome back, Shino-kun. I hope you had a good time on your end-year trip. :mrgreen:

By the way, if you've been readin' through my response to Enzo, can you fix the typo present in the word "length" at the specs table template I gave you long ago?
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

RUF BTR3 RWB '13
RUF BTR3 RWB '13.jpg
I think I've found a way of gettin' RAUH-Welt Begriff into non-EA games without havin' to go through the hassle of gettin' a Porsche license.

This car started its life as a (uglyass) Porsche 930 Turbo, then RUF turned it into a (freakin' awesome) BTR3, with almost 400 hp. Then it got a RWB treatment and engine mods giving it more than 500 hp and an insane widebody. Sadly I don't have more information than this, I only know about this car because it made an appearance at the 2015 Essen Motor Show.

http://www.rwb-europe.com/#!transformation/cho7
RUF BTR3 RWB.jpg
RUF BTR3 RWB '13 rear.jpg
RUF BTR3 RWB '13 side.jpeg

Return to “The Showroom”