Input Games D.R.I.V.E. Kickstarted!

Got a new game idea or Developing one, then this is the place
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some cockpit view footage. But it seems the road ends there :lol:
It has working lo-res mirrors. Better than no mirrors at all. It does look promising. :party:
Physics seem to be realistic oriented, which is a good thing.

Hi MadMan, a lot of the Development Team remember you from the TDU2 Forum days, great to see you around here! The Mirrors are something that we are still developing as we are trying to bump up the resolution without sacrificing performance. The mirrors you see here have been improved upon an awful lot recently, increasing the image quality but at the same time, maintaining the view of the car in the mirror. A lot of titles just stick one camera facing backwards but this can be counter-intuitive as you cannot see where the back of your car is in relation to other vehicles, we want to retain that and have the mirrors show the side of the car and in the centre mirror, the rear seats and parcel shelf. That way you can gauge the size of your car better around you and your proximity to other motorists and obstacles. As far as a technical demo goes, expect it to drop some time next year. ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

It looks promising, it's a pity the kickstarter didn't reach it's target that's going to impact on the games progression and timeline. :(
Image Image
oddracer996
New Starter
New Starter

I apologize for the silence. We are still working hard on developing Drive. Yes we didn't meet our Kickstarter goal, which was a bit of a disappointment. But that in no means has halted our development of the game. The one thing the kickstarter was missing to draw people in was actual game play, the small bit at the end of the video just wasn't enough. We did get a decent following on Twitter and Facebook from it though which is a plus. Once we have more of the game flushed out and solid game-play we plan on looking into trying Kickstarter again.

Currently we are working on building the intro island where players will begin the game. We've got a lot of work ahead so it may be a little quiet around here.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

oddracer996 wrote:I apologize for the silence. We are still working hard on developing Drive. Yes we didn't meet our Kickstarter goal, which was a bit of a disappointment. But that in no means has halted our development of the game. The one thing the kickstarter was missing to draw people in was actual game play, the small bit at the end of the video just wasn't enough. We did get a decent following on Twitter and Facebook from it though which is a plus. Once we have more of the game flushed out and solid game-play we plan on looking into trying Kickstarter again.

Currently we are working on building the intro island where players will begin the game. We've got a lot of work ahead so it may be a little quiet around here.
Thanks for the update and look forward to some more gameplay, I'm sure this will get a lot more backing when it's development is a little more established. :rightthumbup:

In the mean time if there is anything we can do to help it's progress then just ask. :D
Image Image

Return to “Game Development”