Forza Horizon News

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

grooks10 wrote:
Prepsi wrote:Yea! After all, who wouldn't want a huge map where every city uses the exact same building models aside from some landmarks
So I was just watching Blackpanthaa's gameplay video of him driving around Surfur's Paradise, and it looks to me like every single skyscraper in that city is a copy/paste job. I hope you don't care too much about building details, or you'll be disappointed. At least the road layout looks pretty accurate compared to the real city!

Okay, I'll give you that much. But the car list variety is still miles better, ditto with the upgrade system, plus I also hear it plays well with wheels according to the vid's I'll link below. There's no input delay in the MotoGames vid, it's just the footage from the capture card isn't synced well with the gopro footage.

Also, the Kotaku article said that you needed gold to play online on PC, however a micro$oft rep confirmed it false.
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'm not talking about input lag, I'm talking about the actual physics themselves. The cars just feel really floaty and unresponsive. I even asked MotoGames on one of their videos a while ago if the wheel physics were any good, and they even said no. I'm not really sure what TheSlapTrain was playing if he said he loves the force feedback. I mean, doesn't he play Assetto Corsa? Whatever, that doesn't matter anyway. The vast majority of people on console will be playing with a controller. I'm just wondering how the wheel-using PC community will respond as this is their first Forza title!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, you get as much bonus for "ultimate clean driving" as for "landscaping" :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

If TDUDT decide to run some events etc i do my best to show up :rightthumbup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A lot depends on the ability to create custom events and races.

I don't know much about Forza Horizon, as this is my First Forza :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

They still have a way to go in regards to fixing the game but this 1.63 gig patch is good start :rightthumbup:

Today we are releasing the latest update for Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. [UPDATE: Please note that this update will be released on Oct. 14 at around 7 p.m. Pacific]. This update includes numerous stability and performance improvements for the game across a variety of Windows 10 PC hardware configurations, as well as fixing numerous gameplay issues to improve game stability on PC. Performance and stability improvements continue to be a top priority for Playground Games and Turn 10, and will also be a focus of future updates as well.

In addition, we have addressed numerous gameplay balance areas in the game and introduced new Horizon Edition cars to the level-up Tombola spins.

Here’s a closer look at the improvements in this update:

Stability

· Fixed an issue where having a microphone enabled in the game but no speech pack installed would cause the title to crash on Windows 10

· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Windows 10 players when entering Maroondah Road Bucket List event

· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Windows 10 and Xbox One players when joining online Bucket List Blueprint challenges with mismatched DLC

· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Xbox One players when pausing the game

· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some players when collecting Loyalty Rewards while in a Convoy

· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some players when using the AMD R9 Fury X graphics card on Windows 10

· Fixed a TDR for Windows 10 players

Performance

· Players running four-core setups on Windows 10 should see CPU improvements

· Improved thread layout changes for eight-core setups on Windows 10, resulting in improved performance

· Improvement to performance in upgrades and tuning screens on Windows 10

· Fixed a stall when driving in Byron Bay on Windows 10

· Stall fixed when applying Drivatar liveries while driving on Windows 10

· Stall fixed when driving in free roam on Xbox One

Wheel Support

· Improvements to force feedback dead zone and FFB performance when driving on tarmac on both Xbox One and Windows 10

· Fixed a bug so that wheel button prompts now match the in-game bindings on Windows 10

· Actions that must be mapped are now identified in the UI and number of actions that must be mapped has been reduced on Windows 10

General Improvements

· Fix for photo mode being blurry for some Windows 10 players

· Groove music playback improvements on Xbox One

· Upgrade basket UI now supports mouse input for Windows 10

· Fix for bug that prevented Windows 10 players from progressing past the Start screen with no internet connection

· Added Master Volume option for Windows 10 players

· Fix to Advanced Camera functionality in left and top views in Paintshop (Xbox One and Windows)

· Fix to enable Rewind when returning from Co-Op to Solo (Xbox One and Windows)

· Added option to mute microphones in-game (Xbox One and Windows)

· Player can now continue driving when fuel runs out (Xbox One and Windows)

Gameplay Changes

· Horizon Edition cars that boost either Skills or XP no longer provide a benefit in Online Adventure

· Fixed an issue where the Perk “The XP Bump” worked in Online Adventure. Now it provides no benefit outside of single player racing

· Added a 30-second cooldown to the Drift Tap Skill

· Reduced the amount of XP awarded for banking Skill Chains

· Reduced 3-Star score target on the following Drift Zones: Mountain Scramble, Mountain Foot, Reservoir, and Gold Mine

· Previous Horizon Edition cars removed from Wheelspins; new Horizon Edition cars added. The new HE cars are the BAC Mono Horizon Edition , Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition, Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition, Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Horizon Edition, MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition, MINI Cooper S Horizon Edition, and the Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition

· Added the name of the current Championship to Car Select in Online Adventure to help players choose a suitable car

· Horizon Edition cars display the correct bonus for Wheelspins

· Fixed an issue where the Landmarks stat was incorrectly listed as 21 instead of 19, stopping players reaching 100 percent complete
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Nice to see some good news, also great to see they are taking out the cheaters wrecking leader boards :2thumbsup:

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to October S14th! If you’re not sure what that means, then you need to open up Forza Horizon 3 ASAP and check out the #Forzathon tab because today (Friday), you’ve got a chance to win a 1994 Nissan Silvia K’s (S14) car, one of the most requested cars from the Forza community. Keep in mind that this challenge is only available today, so if you’re reading this after Friday, you’re too late. Nonetheless for those of you who still have time, read on!

October S14th #Forzathon

The October S14th #Forzathon event has arrived, and with it, your chance to add one of the most requested cars in Forza history to your garage. While the S14 event is undoubtedly the most anticipated #Forzathon event this week, it’s not the only one. There are three events happening today, details of which you can see here:

While credit and XP bonuses are nice, let’s be real; everybody wants that S14. The “Initial Drift King” event challenges players to earn 35,000 points in a drift zone with a very specific (and very relevant) car. Let’s take a closer look at the challenge:

First up, the car. You’ll be driving the 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex (aka the “Initial D” car). Born and bred for drifting, this is perhaps the most spot-on car/challenge combination imaginable. While the Trueno is drift-able from the outset, you’re best served by finding a drift-ready tune to help you out. At the Horizon Festival, check out the Garage tab and then click on the Tuning option, where you’ll be able to search for new tunes for whatever class you wish to run the event in.

For me, I waffled between an S1 tune from Skyssen and an A-Class tune by TUS Chunky before eventually landing on the latter setup, which suited my skill level better. You should use whatever you feel is right for your driving abilities and preferences.

Next up, that all important maxim: location, location, location. While you only have to score 35,000 points – not a lot, even for a mediocre drifter like me – you need to find a Drift Zone that leaves you plenty of room. After all, trying to nail 35K points in a Zone where 25K is worth three stars doesn’t leave you much room for error. Personally, I was looking for 3-star zones of 50K points and above as my guide for where to attempt the challenge. (My favorite of the bunch? The Byron Suburbs Drift Zone, which sets 80K points as its three-star target).

Forza Horizon 3 photo contest winner by MisshapenRook7

Once you’ve got your car, your tune, and the area you want to compete in, it’s just a matter of careful practice (and some decent throttle control). Watch out for oncoming traffic and don’t give up and soon enough you’ll have that new S14 waiting for you in your garage. And what a beauty she is, complete with an optional bodykit upgrade fitting Rocket Bunny and Liberty Walk parts and bringing the car all the way up to S1 class.

If you missed the S14th #Forzathon event, don’t worry, there will be more opportunities to earn the Nissan Silvia K’s in the future. And we’ve got more #Forzathon events coming up – next weekend, you’ll be able to win the Ford #17 Falcon FG and, at the end of the month, a chance to win the Halo Warthog. Don’t miss out!

Forza Horizon 3 Update

This evening we will release the latest update for Forza Horizon 3 (look for it to go live around 7 p.m. Pacific). This update includes lots of new fixes and improvements to the game on both Xbox One and PC, including some important stability and performance improvements on Windows 10. You can see all of the changes for today’s update in the full story.

In addition to fixes, the newest update also introduces some gameplay changes, as well as a new batch of Horizon Edition cars (replacing the previous group of HE cars), available as part of the Level Up tombola spins. These cars include:

o BAC Mono Horizon Edition

o Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition

o Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition

o Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Horizon Edition

o MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition

o MINI Cooper S Horizon Edition

o Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition

Forza Horizon 3 photo contest winner by japun3yz
Player PC Bans

A note for our Forza Horizon 3 players on Windows 10: In the interest of protecting our in-game economies and maintaining fair play, we have begun enforcing cheating bans in Forza Horizon 3. Our monitoring systems are built to detect cheating and are actively targeting programs such as the “Forza Horizon 3 trainer.” Players who are caught using these programs while playing Forza Horizon 3 will be subject to a non-reversible permanent ban from online play in the game. We do this to help advance our goal of providing the best possible game experience for the vast majority of players who want to enjoy Forza Horizon 3 the way it was meant to be played.

Halloween Bash Reminder

There’s just over a under two weeks left to get your designs in to be a part of our annual Halloween Bash. As a reminder, we’re accepting creations in both Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 for the Bash, and all livery, layer group, and photo that are entered will be considered for a special prize car painted by our own Little Vixen. All entries must be received by October 27 to be considered. Check out the Halloween Bash thread on the forums to read all about the Bash and to submit your creations.

Forza Horizon 3 photo contest winner by GAMBLERCAKE01
K1 Speed Promotion

Our friends at K1 Speed go-kart centers based in North American have teamed up with Xbox for a special promotion where fans can enter to win an Xbox One S and/or a copy of Forza Horizon 3. Players can score points at their local K1 Speed karting center for racing in events, making passes on opponents, and for having the best average lap times during a race. For more details check out the K1 Speed Web site and good luck to everyone who takes part!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just downloaded the update but still the same result for me the game still crashes in the same place. :(
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Finally managed to download FH3 again, after the Win10 update. Previous file was broken.
I will try to boot FH3 tomorrow. 8-)

It looks like they do maintain the game very well. Hope they will keep this up and not abandon after 3 months or so like EA. The Crew has set new benchmarks regarding that with monthly updates and weekly maintenance after release.

Return to “Forza Horizon 3”