WeeklyTournaments

Post your Weekly Challenges & Events for The Crew Game
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lunytrickz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 pmnext time make a vid of ya best time and then overlay it to my video
and compare ya braking points, racelines and speeds to mine
that might help ya find the extra 2 sec :party:
Yea, will have to watch it again, but it is just the S's corner series that i'm losing 1 sec a pass on it, i really don't how you made it stick that well on those corners.

Also it is not so much braking it is more about throttle management as the car understeers if you are to early or greedy on the throttle, and if you go slow you lose out.

Edit: LUL i put in Hardcore and went faster than i did in sportmode WTF, also the RUF seems better in Hardcore than Sportmode

Improved my time to 3:32.225 so 0.050 of a sec without really trying to go fast, so Hardcore mode it is :mrgreen:
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

yup FA only interfears on track ! its only beter on gravel & dirt

the key for the SS's is to tailor the first 2 corners to get the best line for the last 2 ^^
ya can't go flatout trough all of them 8-)
just keeping all slightly above 200km/h ^^
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The one thing i notice in the your video vs. mine is that you make a brake dap before the in the 2nd last corner of the SS's that, other than that i have more speed in other places, so it is crazy that you win or lose you 1 sec by shifting the weight abit, will try it for my next session.

But made it to 3:32.050 now, slowly finding time, but i think i'll put it in Sportmode again as it is slower leaving the corner with the rears lit up, but grip vice Hardcore and sport is very similar only difference is on the grass and a slight more lose rear end.

But i just hate when there is a session of idiots playing grab ass while driving mostertrucks the wrong way round the track.
Korulax
Apprentice
Apprentice

I made a video for the demonstration. :dance:
It's from me and Luny. :D
Both videos are syncronally +/- 0.02 sec
and you can see how the difference is when driving.
Unfortunately I make more mistakes than Luny. :oops:
Have fun watching :party:
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Beardroid91 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:19 pm The one thing i notice in the your video vs. mine is that you make a brake dap before the in the 2nd last corner of the SS's that, other than that i have more speed in other places, so it is crazy that you win or lose you 1 sec by shifting the weight abit, will try it for my next session.

i don't brake in the middle of the SS's, just lift the throttle for a fraction of a sec
to get the weighttransfer to the front to get back on the ideal line
for max exitspeed to the long strait
offering a fraction of a sec there, gives ya over a sec on the following strait ^^

and Thx Koru for posting that helpfull video :2thumbsup:
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Lunytrickz wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:55 am
Beardroid91 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:19 pm The one thing i notice in the your video vs. mine is that you make a brake dap before the in the 2nd last corner of the SS's that, other than that i have more speed in other places, so it is crazy that you win or lose you 1 sec by shifting the weight abit, will try it for my next session.

i don't brake in the middle of the SS's, just lift the throttle for a fraction of a sec
to get the weighttransfer to the front to get back on the ideal line
for max exitspeed to the long strait
offering a fraction of a sec there, gives ya over a sec on the following strait ^^

and Thx Koru for posting that helpfull video :2thumbsup:
yeah, never brake just lift of the throttle to get the bodyroll/ weightshift to were you want it for the next corner.
feathering the gas pedal while keeping the car as smooth as possible is key here.

Harder then you think without the use of nitro to make up for mistakes ey bear?
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ah okay so it is just as a lift off, hmm okay.

And yes feather the throttle is abit hard on a controller, but could change the grab point of the throttle and brakes to make up for it.
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Beardroid91 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:08 pm Ah okay so it is just as a lift off, hmm okay.

And yes feather the throttle is abit hard on a controller, but could change the grab point of the throttle and brakes to make up for it.
yes, it's just a lift of, but the smoother you can lift of and go back on the gas is just as important.
I designed this challenge to be a skill thing, taking on all aspect's of taking a corner in a optimal way.
You need to take in account all aspect of the car's balance, you can loose a lot of time when you let the
body shift weight or roll to a side to sudden or violantly.
Braking to hard, going back on the gas, steering to abrupt, weight transfer... It's all important in this challenge :character-oldtimer:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Driving smooth is key on a track like this and that is hard to achieve in The Crew. With a control mechanism that is focused on controllers with error correction built in and not very precise. With input lag when you do not want it or weird reactions like cars going on 2 wheels.

The funny thing is, that the F or Full Stock class cars are the most realistic, compared to their real world counterparts. Calling it simulated is one step too far, but it comes closer than you think.
Unlike the racing classes, where performance is brought artificial together and the handling characteristic of individual cars is sacrificed in favor of the competition.
But individual cars are still recognizable in handling and physics, even in higher tuned cars. But mostly in the Full Stock class.

So doing a full stock challenge is a nice change of pace and a good cure for our nitro addicts, who clearly suffer from withdrawal symptoms, reading from their comments :mrgreen:

I will try to focus on a good session soon®, to see if i can de-throne our current track Queen Luny. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The only way i can carry that speed in the SS's is to race with manual gear, as the 3rd to 4th gear change upsets the RPM which is linked to the handling, so that's what i'll try in my future track sessions.

So the pedals have been put on controller so time to see if it can help, more on that later.

Return to “Weekly Challenges & Events”