WeeklyTournaments

Post your Weekly Challenges & Events for The Crew Game
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Depending on the song you can get a copyright claim. Especially HipHop artists have very aggressive lawyers. If you use Ubi Soft ingame music, which has been licensed to the game, you can forward your claim to a special section of Ubi CS, who will deal with any copyright claims.

But i have had situations, where the claim was lifted and later i got a new claim. So best to avoid it in general.
In some cases your video can not be played in some Countries. Or is the audio track removed.
In other situations the artists will claim any income made with your video.

Youtube will only make a case out of it when you have a successful video or a large follower base.

I made a thread about this on Ubi Crew forum once.

As Donnie uses a lot of original non in game music, you should ask him.

And you can check the individual artists policy towards using their music on Youtube.

:back to topic:

2 more Hours to go, before this Challenge ends. Next prize will be during Christmas week :banana-angel:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Korulax
Apprentice
Apprentice

BATA_MANTA wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:29 pm Here is the video.
I have a question about music copyright for future videos: Can I upload a video with a background song from a popular artist/group? (Metallica or Queens Of The Stone Age for example)

You can upload your videos with the music, but it may be advertised !!!
You can test in Actual Music titles. :shifty:
Render music with 1 screen low quality (almost 2-3 minutes)
and upload.
If ok, you can do your video with the music.
But I do not think there are any problems. YT has released a lot :rightthumbup:
 ! Message from: MadManCK
Edit; fixed. Please do not answer a quote in the quote itself, thank you
Korulax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here is my final video for Bear's "Fair Snow Lady" :D
That was my last run, to the challenge :2thumbsup:

BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

Korulax wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:28 pm Here is my final video for Bear's "Fair Snow Lady" :D

Wow nice run, you beated my time by a small difference. Great work ! :2thumbsup:
Korulax
Apprentice
Apprentice

BATA_MANTA wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:39 pm
Korulax wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:28 pm Here is my final video for Bear's "Fair Snow Lady" :D

Wow nice run, you beated my time by a small difference. Great work ! :2thumbsup:
Thank you, I am glad that you are back :D
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ninja'ed the ninja 8-)

Did a 2:49.132 the right music helps alot, for me it is NCS (NoCopyrightSongs) and EDM music ;)

The Crew2017-12-3-17-35-38.jpg

The Crew2017-12-3-17-58-38.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

:eeek:

Nice final there guys :woot:

Massive improvements over previous runs. Driving in the snow takes some finesse.

It appears Bear won his own battle. Congratz, tha game is yours. I will send you the key through PM soon®

From time to time i will pick a challenge to give away stuff. Stay tuned for more. Maybe Santa has something from the North Pole :occasion-snowman:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

Nice one Bear! Next time I'll try to ninja time to use this meme :loll:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Haha :loll:

Thanks for the game, i'm looking forward to trying it out, i played some them Dirt games that came before it, but i have not tried Dirt Rally yet. :)
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

BATA_MANTA wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:29 pm I have a question about music copyright for future videos: Can I upload a video with a background song from a popular artist/group? (Metallica or Queens Of The Stone Age for example)
MadManCK wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:14 pm As Donnie uses a lot of original non in game music, you should ask him.
I assume it is related to where you are from. I'm astonished myself that non of my videos got a copyrightstrike so far. I guess here in germany it has something to do with the deal the GEMA made with Youtube. Because the GEMA was very aggressive running wild on youtube, youtube/Google made a deal with them to not influencers because of GEMA-blocked videos. (The GEMA is a german organization that collects money in the name of musicians and artist. The "club" sometimes can get a real pain in the arse, esp. for club- and discoowners. They also abused their "power" on youtube for a long time.)

Another thought is that it depends on if you monetize your videos or not. Monetized videos might get earlier striked than non-monetized. I would never monetize my videos, even if i get 100k subs or more and might get a good amount of money through it, because it limits my creative freedom for the videos. I know a couple of letsplayers who keep popular music strictly out of their videos, because they fear videobans and to lose money.
Korulax wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:23 pm You can upload your videos with the music, but it may be advertised !!!
As far as i know the advertising has nothing to do with popular music in the video. Only monetized videos should have ads at the start or in between.

btw: congrets to all that very good laptimes. :)

@Luny: Again thank you for posting my video. :rightthumbup:

@MadMan: I accidently pressed on quote than on edit. LOL and Sorry, please delete all posts except the last one.
Cruising is not a crime

Return to “Weekly Challenges & Events”