New Burnout

Vrooooooooooooooom!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to VideoGamer, a new Burnout sucessor is in the making. These were less serious but fun to play racing games. NFS has tried to copy some of it, but failed.
Wonder what this game will be like :party:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dangerous ... _game.html
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well, I know that a lot of the developers who used to work for Criterion (the Burnout dev team) went independent and recently released a game that was like demolition golf or something. I don't remember its name, but it was honestly the Burnout of minigolf. I also heard that if that game did well enough, they would be able to start working on a Burnout successor, but it will probably be under a different name since EA still holds the rights to the Burnout name, and they probably won't let that go for cheap!

But I have played Burnout 3 Takedown, Burnout Revenge, and Burnout Paradise, and I have loved all of them! I wish the series could be revived, but if this spiritual successor can capture the same intensity and fun of the Burnout games, then I am definitely supporting this team!

Edit: I just looked up the name of that golf game. It's called Dangerous Golf, and it actually looks pretty fun!

Edit 2: Or I could have just read the article before making a long-winded post. Haha
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well it's finally here. :D
Had a lot of fun playing the last one. :auto-layrubber:
Burnout Paradise Remastered. (4K)
XBox One, PS4 and PC coming soon.
Tear it up in the ultimate driving playground, from hectic downtown avenues to
the wild mountain roads. Relive the high-octane stunts and wanton destruction of one of the greatest arcade-driving games ever!

This remaster includes all DLC from the Year of Paradise, including the Big Surf Island update,
meticulously recreated and ready to wreck in 4K on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Subscribe for upcoming Burnout Paradise Gameplay and Trailers: http://bit.ly/2ENLCHH

Burnout Paradise Remastered will be releasing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

EA Access members can start racing early on March 9 with the Play First Trial for 10 hours of unrestricted gameplay.

Release Date: March 16th, 2018

PC version, coming soon.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yess !!

Wannahave. :2thumbsup:

Smart move from EA to resurrect this series and not try to merge with NFS anymore. Different vibe, different attitude for the less serious racers.

I'll grab it for sure :party:

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

This is definitely a super fun game! Although it seems odd given that it is already backwards compatible on Xbox One, but a remaster will be very nice! Especially along with all the DLC.

I wonder if they are trying to get people interested in the series again. Maybe they are trying to get people to play their old games to prepare them for an announcement on a possible new game?
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Backwards compatibility with XB1 is mandatory for developing games for the Xbox platform.

I think they really will try to give this series another shot. NFS is still in bad weather. And instead of merging other formats into NFS, they do the clever thing IMO by bringing Burnout Paradise back to life. We will see how it turns out.

EA still has some aces up their sleeves. :party:

Return to “Other Racing Games”