General Car Chat

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Maybe someday you will be able to 3D print a whole car.
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/262 ... dium=title
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

wenn tuning cars (if ya wanna drive them fast)
the FIRST thing ya should do are BRAKES before ya even gonna think of suspention & more power :idea:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I think good tires are abit more important than a big brake kit, plus with the right suspension you don't need a brakes as much, but pads and brake fluid upgrade is the best before you go big brake kit.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The first thing most people will do is add more power. Either by chip tuning or even more extensive.
Handling improvements usually come second. I did all with my Abarth. KONI shocks, stiffer springs and roll bars, tension bars between the struts, brake upgrade and engine tuning (polished intake channels, racing air intake filters, higher compression and forged Mahle pistons). Also a Sparco Racing seat with 4 point harness. In the end i did spend more on parts than the whole car was worth, not to mention the audio (Clarion and Macrom). But back than i liked doing that.
PS Never mount a real racing seat with harness in your daily car. Too much of a hassle every time. :lol:

Having no more brakes can be scary. I once had smoking wheel arches when driving down a mountain road. I had to stop the car as the brakes were red hot and i had almost zero deceleration left. That is beyond fading...
Maybe doing over 100MPH downhill is not the wise thing to do anyway. :whistle:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That's another way to reach heaven's gate :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I really love these helmet cam videos. They give the best possible idea of what a racing driver is facing.
Maybe one day they will be in F1 as well. After they got rid of the fugly Halo .... :P

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

do U agree with this list?

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Visor Cam FTW :2thumbsup:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I don't think there is a dedicated Ferrari 488 Pista thread already. Where is Tsuki anyway?

PS This is typical Italian hairy chest driving and showboating. But this car looks fun to drive at Fiorano :D

Return to “The Showroom”