Why Google Authenticator suck, get Authy

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So i recently swapped between my iPhone 6 and Huawei P10, and back again, then i had an annoying time having to change all my Google Authenticator protected accounts, as Google authenticator resets and has no backups.

And i had a massive scare of deleting my UPlay authentitor settings and getting locked out, and having to use a backup recovery code, that was a big wake up call for me as i (we) could loose our phone at any time, and even SMS 2-step protection is a huge liability when you loose your phone and you don't have access anymore.

So i found the app called Authy, and it stores the authenticator settings behind a password protection and you can log into it from any device - so lots of fail safes, and it works with the Google Authenticator codes in the same way, Authy just does it much better as it synchronizes all the Authenticator codes so always have access to them.

So seriously check them out and get rid of your SMS 2-step account protection as it is a huge risk, and you are fucked when the phone gets lost or stolen, so save yourself the headache.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

and that's why i NEVER use automatic log in on Anything
i type my profile and code everytime again wenn i open the forum, platform or site
and that also helps ya not to forget the code etc wenn something might go wrong
i do use a "system" to remember all those different codes
.... but i'm not gonna tell ya mine :mrgreen:

Return to “The Lay-by”