Francis gives his Honest Opinion on Xbox "Always Online"

Drop in and chat about anything
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Some of you might of seen the videos on here of a character called Francis, well this is his real side and in my opinion actually talks allot of sense.
who else agrees with him about the always on thing and will this stop you buying one.

[youtube]DZgmM0ZMkq4[/youtube]
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

He actually talks a lot of sense there

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
H.A.N
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Let's not forget that this is only a rumor. Also, I think Microsoft knows that an always-online requirement would alienate a large portion of people, which would result in less sales.
Level 99 lurker
Steam username: Bad decisions
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

H.A.N wrote:Let's not forget that this is only a rumor. Also, I think Microsoft knows that an always-online requirement would alienate a large portion of people, which would result in less sales.
Yes it's just a rumour, a rumour started by a few tweets from Adam Orth (Microsoft creative director)
I guess we will just have to wait till May 21 :techie-hourglass:
Image Image
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Even if it is a rumor ... Ms has nothing done to counter the rumor the only thing I recall that they said was they didn't get the fuss about the rumor. Even if it isn't true I think the always on feature will be implemented in the future maybe not this upcoming xbox, but maybe the one after that.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Honestly I think they just want the attention. They don't care if it is negative or positive attention, they just want people talking about the new console. Probably why they haven't stepped in yet to confirm or deny the rumor yet.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Driiven
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

eaustinn36 wrote:Honestly I think they just want the attention. They don't care if it is negative or positive attention, they just want people talking about the new console. Probably why they haven't stepped in yet to confirm or deny the rumor yet.
I disagree. MS doesn't want any news floating around about their next gen consoles because they still want people to continue buying Xbox 360's for as long as possible. If they were to announce the next Xbox today, Xbox 360 sales would plummet drastically. Realistically though, its the worst kept secret in gaming this year.

Always online is not a huge issue to me, and I seem to be in a minority with that opinion. My internet is pretty reliable, and always has been. Even if my internet goes out, or some sort of hacking occurs, I have other things I can do. However, I would prefer to not have an 'Always Online' feature because playing offline is sometimes a better experience.

Regarding the MS employee who made that tweet, MS stepped in to cool down the situation but never denied the next Xbox having 'Always Online'.

GT: Gobes
The Ferrari Club
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Sales of both PS3 and Xbox360 will plunge. It is not only about the new Xbox but also about the PS4. M$ can not afford to stay behind. They still make most money from the games, not the consoles btw. :ugeek:

Good thing is the competition. :mrgreen:

Having to stay online all the time would be very stupid. A system like Steam would be much better, as it can also be used offline when a connection is not available or if you choose to play offline.
Talking about Steam, they are working on a console as well...

PS People talking about your product is the best thing that can happen to the marketing department. The more attention it gets, the better. How that attention is generated is not really important. Maybe they create controversy deliberately. After the launch a lot will be forgotten quickly. Especially if the games look cool. The loudest complainers will be the first in line to get one...

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Lay-by”