The Crew 2 Chat

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

As someone who plays The Crew 2 alot, how do you eyes deal with playing it for say more that 40-60 minutes? As my eyes kind of just gets really dry, and the bias on everything being extremely white still annoy me alot, even lowering the brightness settings don't help. I want to like the game, but my eyes hate it beyond belief.

Also the driving vs. the Crew 1, i actually think TC1 might be more fun, as TC2 is to realistic, plus TC1 had better colors imo., as TC2 just looks washed out all the time. But i think it is the white bias and over dose of bluelight that the whiteness adds that just tires the eyes.

Anyway do you guys still like TC2?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, you are not the only one. I always get burning eyes in Crew 2 after about 90 minutes to 2Hrs. So i never play much longer than that. Or try to mix things up with paint and tuning.

It can be the monitor setting, my TV is bright.

PS I do like the game, but als casual gamer. I can not take a competition or ranking serious, when they allow rail riding and massive cutting. Doing all the different events in a Crew is actually pretty fun to do. Even if 4 players is the max.
And i play with a controller. As wheel support is mediocre and receives a lot of complaints. Indirect controls kill a good driving game. They still do not get that.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I have low level PC and fps are between 35-38. Drift races are worst for my eyes (I play on the hood view) because there background moving is seen too powerfully.

Also Map view and poor teleporting makes me playing less TC2. I still do sometimes TC1 summit, but dont take that seriously. There is few active crews left and total summit players about 1000.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

What GFX do you use? :geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:09 pm As someone who plays The Crew 2 alot, how do you eyes deal with playing it for say more that 40-60 minutes?
As i had a similar issue with Crew2, i fiddled a bit with forced Nvidia settings and made the image quality more smooth and less fatiguing for the eyes.

AF 8x
MFAA (on)
DSR (2.00) 33%
Texture filtering; Trilinear optimized (on)

I also use ambient occlusion.

Hope this helps a bit. I can play for 1.5 hours now without too many issues. The late LOD pops are most likely responsible for the eye fatigue, next to the very late route guidance. Because of that, your eyes are constantly searching.
Better players always look far ahead and in Crew2 that is not always possible.

PS These settings make most other games look stunning as well. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm interesting I'm gonna try that out now just finished setting up the forced settings.

edit:
After a 50 min cruise my eyes feel just fine, so changing those settings made it alot better, and i don't even notice a drop in performance.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Something else i found:
after the Hovercraft update they changed a lot in the PRO settings
first they reduced every 4WD car basicly to a RWD
by setting the "diff distrib" (second under the first 4 comunal) to 80/20
reset this to 60/40 and its again a 4WD car with whay more grip & accel
only 4WD cars (in Every spec) have this option
and ya have to reset it for Every car individual
then bikes they set the frond and rear tire grip to 50%
.... but than again in didn't notice any difference
when reseting those to 100% ... but beter save than sorry :mrgreen:
as for the bike "lean" perks they seem to be not working
and on the TC2 forum there are more that share that feeling
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

I know some of you may think im completely against "The Crew" in general after comments i made regarding the first one.. I only played 45 minutes of The Crew 2 before i uninstalled it.. :angry-banghead: Thanks for the free weekend :roll:
nathan is a mexican!!
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

snake250 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:43 am I know some of you may think im completely against "The Crew" in general after comments i made regarding the first one.. I only played 45 minutes of The Crew 2 before i uninstalled it.. :angry-banghead: Thanks for the free weekend :roll:
Well at least it was free, I didn't even bother checking up on it after hearing about it first. Still waiting on that tdu3 someday.

Return to “The Crew 2”