Next TDU development finally starting?

cplfire
New Starter
New Starter

I don't know if someone else has noticed or not so I'm here to share what I found and what I think is interesting

"...Bigben now owns the entire share capital of the Kylotonn SAS studio, known as KT Racing. Bigben also included “Test Drive Unlimited” in the list of brands they are working with..."
(https://www.teamvvv.com/news/new-test-d ... confirmed/)

well today I've noticed that last month kylotonn retweeted multiple job offers in french on twitter, they are also present on their website
https://www.kylotonn.com/carrieres/

a few of them leads me to think that they are finally beginning the development of the next TDU, or at least an open world car game

they're looking for a AI Programmer
https://www.kylotonn.com/carrieres/#AFJV-EDEV102-15529

"Programmer l'IA du comportement des véhicules non jouables, de la navigation, des systèmes décisionnels et du trafic
Programmer des outils à destination du game design pour générer automatiquement des raceline, calculer les vitesses de références ou entraîner les véhicules autonomes"

which translates to

"Program AI for non-playable vehicle behavior, navigation, decision-making and traffic
Program tools for game design to automatically generate racelines, calculate reference speeds or drive autonomous vehicles"

they're also looking for a network programmer which indicate that would be a multiplayer game

https://www.kylotonn.com/carrieres/#AFJV-EDEV102-15528

"Concevoir l'architecture réseau client-serveur et P2P
Gérer les librairies de réplication en interaction avec les composants gameplay
Anticiper et résoudre les problèmes de performance, TRC réseau
Développer les infrastructures relatives aux notions de serveur dédié et optimisation des performances liées à la bande passante
Configurer les serveurs de jeux : réglage, scripts, paramétrage, maintenance"

which translates to

"Design the client-server and P2P network architecture
Manage replication libraries interacting with gameplay components
Anticipate and resolve performance issues, Network TRC
Develop dedicated server infrastructure and bandwidth performance optimization
Configure game servers: setting, scripts, settings, maintenance"

So I'm just making assumptions, to me it does look like the next Test Drive game is finally on tracks, but I want to know what you guys think? I think we've waited way too long for this and it better be it

I'm ready :auto-swerve:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bez posted something like that a while back, but thanks for sharing anyway. And yes, they are still working on that project.
It will take a while to create though. Large scale open world games with lots of content takes approximately 4Y to create from scratch.

Keep them coming :party:

Link to Bez' post 8-)
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=2562&p=59081#p59080
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
cplfire
New Starter
New Starter

Oh right, his message is 6 days old, well sorry for double post then
and to be honest, I didnt read other posts, I just remembered this place thinking it would interest you and came to register an account to share what I've found ^^

At least we know the game is coming, that's the most important :2thumbsup:

Cheers
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks for posting cplfire, any info is always welcome. :rightthumbup:

Yes it looks like things are starting to move again but not sure how far along it is but as MadMan says it will be a long project.

Rumor is Atari still own a few shares in TDU and this is affecting the development as they are wanting a say in how things are turning out. :|

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing at the moment :? i guess time will tell.
Image Image

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”