Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is all about what happens behind Mercedes these days. :roll:
RBR did not make the step they should have and McLaren is catching up.

IMO it will not be too long, before LeClerc dictates the Ferrari team. He has been outpacing Vettel all weekend.

You can not really blame Mercedes for doing a good job, but their dominance is bad for the sport. :doh:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A predictable win from Lewis, but you still have to do it.
Bottas almost lost it to LeClerc in the end. If Ferrari unleashes the Monegasque, he can do great things.
Max never had a fighting chance in 4th. Vettel could not catch the Red Bull and decided to go for the fastest lap bonus, but only just managed to snatch it from Lewis.

Some fireworks in the top 10, when Norris lost his hydrolics, causing all kinds of issues, power steering and differential as the main problem. But Ricciardo, Raikkonen and Hulkenberg ended up in some kind of brawl. Cars were forced or drove next to the track and some actions are under investigation.

The end was not boring, the rest of the race was decided during the first couple of laps and in the pit. Very few real overtaking actions.

F1 needs to do something to make races better. I don't care what it is. And bring back the noise.
:twocents-02cents:

Gasly disappointed again. Being too safe will not please the RBR bosses and Kvyatt is hungry for another drive at the top team.
TBH, who wants to be a team mate of Max anyway? He and Lewis are lethal for team mates.

Race review from F1 later. :party:

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.htm ... esult.html

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Watched the Nurburgring 24 hours instead, i don't think i missed anything in F1 at all. F1 is a joke when you see GT3 drivers drive on the limit with zero fucks given, its epic to see that race.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I can say the same about the IndyCar race at Road America. Great racing, close battles. And the concrete wall is just next to the track at some points.

F1 is over regulated, overdone and way too political correct. :naughty:

I want grid girls, roaring and screaming V8 engines, close racing and no green table BS. Let them race. :twocents-02cents:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

EDIT; Ricciardo received 2x5 sec penalties for leaving the track and gaining an advantage. This will drop him from 7th to 11th and outside of the points.
He did overtake Kimi outside of the track, but these stewards....really? :facepalm:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Nvvv3.html

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A very eventful FP2, due to constantly changing wind directions. :eeek:
Lots of red flag situations. At least things happen on the track and not behind the green table :mrgreen:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lewis received a very mild 3 place grid penalty for hindering Kimi on his flying lap during qualifying.
That will make the race even more interesting tomorrow, as Vettel will also start from behind. The best races unfold usually when one of the top drivers has to do a lot of overtaking. Hopefully the Spielberg race will make up for the boring processional event of last weekend.

:party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

What a race today. This was one of the best races i have seen in a long time. For some reason the best races unfold when Hamilton, Verstappen and Vettel do not start at the front. Verstappen had a bad start due to a stall, but managed to get back to the front and eventually win the race. Awesome stuff. Including the fastest lap on white hard tires, while Vettel could not match that while driving on soft reds.

Leclerc almost took both drivers out when Max did a hard but fair overtaking on the inside. Both drivers were not punished for that racing incident. He must have thought he had the victory in his pocket. A bit of a sore loser.

Mercedes was nowhere to be seen today. Normally the dominant force.
Norris drove another great race and Gasly has to scratch his head, being lapped by his team mate.

Driver of the day was Robert Kubica. Hmm, did they watch a different race? :doh:

This race had everything in it and makes up for the boring French GP.

Return to “The Lay-by”