Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The race was good until Verstappen push Leclare of track in a dick move that should have been punished, FUCK the FIA, they are so against Ferrari like WTF.

Verstappen gained an unfair advantage by pushing him of track, i seriously hope Verstappens engine is really gonna blow and just tease it. As that pass wasn't racing, it was bumper cars and you even see on the steering wheel and Verstappen intentionally pushing him off, but what can you expect for a dutchy.... I think RedBull had that FIA on the payroll as it is their track, but lol FIA is corrupt, it should have been a 5 sec penalty for contact and pushing him of track, that they don't see that and is to affair to act on it is crazy, every incident should be reviewed fairly or not AT ALL. Bullshit...
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Sorry Bear, but U're deadwrong on that one !
Max was on the inside and already past, wenn leclerce didn't back-off and rammed into Max
if there would've been gravel, leclerce would've backed off already
and IF there would"ve been any penalty, it would be for leclerce !

BEST race i've seen in YEARS !
Kubica??? haven'd heared his name ONCE in the whole race :hand:
and vettel finaly gets a slidge of his pride back for beating his nemisis Hamilton :mrgreen:
Gastly lapped by his own teammate :doh:
Merc no good wenn the going gets HOT :oops:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Funny how people can see things differently. :think:

1. FIA primarily investigated Charles for steering into Verstappen, which caused the collision. Look it up.
2. Leclerc could have avoided the collision, if he had backed out of a corner he already lost
3. Verstappen had the inside line and was entitled to defend the racing line
4. As Verstappen left no room, which he does not have to, Leclerc forced himself off track after the two collided.
5. Contact was primarily Charles doing. Frustrated, as he could not defend his first Ferrari win.
6. As both drivers were to "blame" for the colliding, depending on various viewpoints, it is seen as a racing incident.

This was racing to the limits and one of the best races this season. FIA did not take further action and are right to do so.
More disturbing is the attitude from Leclerc, not even congratulating Verstappen with his win.

It was not Verstappen but the failing Ferrari tire strategy that did cost him the win.

According to some who can know, we have seen a prequel of what can become one of the great rivalries in F1 history.

But TBH LeClerc needs to know when to back down and when to fight back. He almost took both of them out of the race with that turn in move and that would have been the worst result for everybody. He will get his chance soon® enough.

The overtake was hard but fair and a perfect executed block move to avoid Charles to be able to do what he did the previous lap.

And for the record, they have ran each other off track a few times in Karting as well. Mostly when Charles was frustrated to become second after Max. So they have some history there.

I look forward to more battles between them and also Lando Norris. Preferably without contact. :party:

:character-blues:

PS It was also very cool to see that McLaren is moving forward as well.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Paddock pass of the most interesting race this year so far. :party:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm i guess so, i still don't like it much, it just felt like a dirty move from Verstappen, and i guess i have picked a side between them, being LeClerc, but still he should have been more happy for him on the podium, i guess he is extremely hungry for that win. And looking forward to some more rivalries between them, drama is good for the sport, as long as the FIA stays away.

And yes the tire strategy was wrong, you would think the Ferrari would have been able to drive longer into the first pit stop, as their car is so easy on the tires but no, they rushed into an early pitstop.

Still it feels like Canada all over again, it sucks, but atleast it wasn't a Merc / Hamster winning the race, so thats good.

But Silverstone is next, and the Ferrari has the topspeed over the front runners so it "should" be LeClerc's chance, if Vettel don't snatch it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A lot of F1 fans feel that way. 75% voted in favor of a VER penalty.

I think it is a matter of perspective and what glasses you wear.
The real issue was LeClerc not willing to give up a corner he already lost, when he opened the door on the inside.
Turning in like there is nobody there is only a sign of frustration.

I think FIA needs to think about reducing that stupid rulebook. As long as they do not take each other out or deliberately force another driver off track, the stewards should not interfere.

As the decision took 3 hours to make, there must have been some confusion between them what to decide as well.

This was an eventful race. I did see Rosberg's vlog who said he was on the tip of his chair the whole race. He also said he thought Max would get a penalty.
But he was also the only one of the former world champions, who agreed on the Vettel penalty in Canada. :roll:

The rumor about Montoya becoming a FIA steward are very promising in that regard. He did some hard racing in his days and understands like no other what is fair and what crosses the line.

A little wheelbanging sometimes comes with hard racing.

Here an old one from Rene Arnoux vs Gilles Villeneuve. :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Here a nice summary and more in depth insight from a couple of well known journalists, who actually have access to the race leader and stewards. I think they got all the angles covered with their analysis.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Tire slaying by Bottas :auto-layrubber:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

New tarmac at the British GP :party:

And the "Storey" of Rich Energy continues....
Clever marketing or another F1 scam? :think:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rich ... t/4492868/

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow just wow, this Silverstone race was EPIC, so much action, and constant fighting, and the Verstappen vs. Leclerc blood rivalry intensifies :mrgreen: Verstappen had it in the bag, but Vettel did a Ricardo and braked way to late and hit him, shame but at the same time i am on team Leclerc so epic news for us. :lol:

Bottas had a hold of Hamilton in the opening stage but that saftycar trully screwed him.

I just love all the action this race, i thought Silverstone would have been boring as it was the last couple of years but the new surface on it have really transformed it.

Return to “The Lay-by”