General Car Chat

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Manny recently sold his Koenigsegg Agera RS to make some room for the upcoming Jesko, but he has more in his garage.

Talking about 1st World problems :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Very cool tour through Italdesign HQ. You sometimes forget how many cool and also normal cars Giugiaro has designed through the years, including the VW Golf 1, Lotus Esprit and the DeLorean. 8-)

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some cool stuff from GoodWood 8-)

The timed hillclimb shootout :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some more cool GoodWood footage from VV;

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The new mid engined Vette. 8-)

Should they have kept the Corvette name for a front mid engined coupe and just add a new line of mid engined sports coupes?
Do they want too much to compete with the Ford GT?
Will this an affordable Ferrari and McLaren killer?

What do you guys think. :think:

The US pricing starts at 60.000$, which is a bargain IMO.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The new Corvette just looks so cheap, it looks like it is made of cheap plastics. I don't know why i keep thinking that, but imo. it is not pretty at all, it just looks strange. But atleast it wins on value for money, but at what cost, where did they cheap out in the construction of it? It is going to be interesting to see the reviews of it when they get to drive it. But for now it is just looks disproportional in the design imo., and i'm not a fan of it.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

With a NA engine with less than 500hp i will not slay anything
and the looks aren't any help to
ya gonna have to wait for the way more expencive ZR1 topversion
and btw: less than 500hp out of a 6.2 liter engine was acceptable in the '80s and early '90s ..... :hand:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yeah either wait or go forced induction with a turbo or supercharger.

I just think they could make it look alot better if they made the front nose longer, like on the Corvette Daytona race cars, and then slap a big wing on it, and then add a big rear diffuser and ditch the two dual exhaust and got for 2 big ones.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nothing the aftermarket can't fix. I already heard Emilia wanting to twin turbo charge hers, if she gets the allocation.

And all the fugly black plastic can be exchanged for carbon parts.
There will be body kits, wings, splitters, grills, hoods you name it.

With a starting price of sub 60.000$ in the US you really can't go wrong.

The nose resembles earlier Corvette models and the rear is probably more Camaro like :doh:
Two big round or oval rear lights would look better, but this is a mod car by nature.

And you can not beat the sound of a roaring US V8 :mrgreen:

Let's see what car journalists and reviewers have to say about the driving experience first :party:

Return to “The Showroom”