GeForce NOW

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lately I've noticed while playing some of the newer games my PC starts to struggle a bit on the higher settings. :(

At the monument I am running with a GTX 1080 and an older CPU- i7 4790 and 16 GB ram.

Ok for most things but getting old for high end gaming. :mrgreen:

So i have been trying out the GeForce NOW game streaming service and it works very well (only tried the free one so far and only downside is having to wait in a que and only one hour game play at a time but all that goes away for the paid service. :D

The way i see it at the moment a half decent upgrade card (RTX 3070) would cost me around £800 and then i would have to upgrade my CPU £400 (NTEL Intel 12 Core i7 12700K) that's £1200. :eeek:

GeForce NOW is around £9 a month divide 1200 by 9 that's equivalent to 133 months (11 years) my new card and CPU would be well out of date by then so this seems the logical way to go (for now)

My computer can still run all the other stuff i use it for so this seems like a win win to me and if i do decide to upgrade later on all i need to do is cancel my subscription. :mrgreen:

Only downside i can see is not everything i play is on GeForce NOW but the ones that are not are older games and my PC can handle them anyway. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Blame the crypto miners and chip shortages. But hese new cards are ridiculously expensive. Ngreed has gone to new levels.
The upside is that this might indeed be a chance to test some streaming services. That is where some companies want us to go anyway.

But i might still look for a new next gen GFX with RTX. Just not at the current price tag. :naughty:

:twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “PC”