Top 10 Fastest Cars in the World

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

[last updated April 16th, 2013]

Well, err, I used to religiously keep track of the list for some reason on my youtube channel, but ever since that update that took away the personal aspect, I lost interest. Seeing how this is a car forum though, I figured i'll start up again. Hopefully I can remember everything.

**Note: list might be outdated for first couple days since I stopped keeping track in 2010. I used to do an "acceleration" top 10 too, but it got way too complicated (if someone wants to do that, feel free).

If you think I missed a car or made a mistake, let me know.

Restrictions:

In order to be included, it must be...

1. A production vehicle (doesn't have to still be in production)
2. Street-Legal
3. Tested / Proven at it's claimed top speed
4. Not a similar model with similar performance stats (i.e. Bugatti Veyron 16.4, Bugatti Veyron Sang Bleu, etc..)

List (I will update when necessary):

1. Bugatti Veyron SS - 267.9mph
2. Hennessey Venom GT - 265.7mph
3. Koenigsegg Agera R - 260mph
4. SSC Ultimate Aero TT - 256.2mph
5. 9ff GT9 - 254.1mph
6. Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse - 254mph
7. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 253.8mph
8. Koenigsegg CCXR - 250mph
9. Saleen S7 TT - 248mph
10. Koenigsegg CCX - 245mph
Last edited by eaustinn36 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
darcyjake1

eaustinn36 wrote:Well, err, I used to religiously keep track of the list for some reason on my youtube channel, but ever since that update that took away the personal aspect, I lost interest. Seeing how this is a car forum though, I figured i'll start up again. Hopefully I can remember everything.

**Note: list might be outdated for first couple days since I stopped keeping track in 2010. I used to do an "acceleration" top 10 too, but it got way too complicated (if someone wants to do that, feel free).

Restrictions:

2. Street-Legal
4. Not a similar model with similar performance stats (i.e. Bugatti Veyron 16.4, Bugatti Veyron Sang Bleu, etc..)

1. Bugatti Veyron SS - 267mph
2. Koenigsegg Agera R - 260mph
3. SSC Ultimate Aero TT - 256mph
4. 9ff GT9 - 254mph
5. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 253mph
6. Koenigsegg CCXR - 250mph
7. Saleen S7 TT - 248mph
8. Koenigsegg CCX - 245mph
9. Koenigsegg CCR - 241mph
10. McLaren F1 - 240mph
Hennessey Venom GT does 260mph
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

eaustinn36 wrote:
Top: Hennessey Venom GT - 267mph
4. 9ff GT9 - 254mph
7. Saleen S7 TT - 248mph
10. McLaren F1 - 240mph
I would love to have all these in TDU2. Place them in an "S" class to keep it intersting.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

darcyjake1 wrote:
eaustinn36 wrote:Well, err, I used to religiously keep track of the list for some reason on my youtube channel, but ever since that update that took away the personal aspect, I lost interest. Seeing how this is a car forum though, I figured i'll start up again. Hopefully I can remember everything.

Restrictions:

2. Street-Legal

4. 9ff GT9 - 254mph
7. Saleen S7 TT - 248mph
10. McLaren F1 - 240mph
Actually 265.7, as recently proven.
darcyjake1

eaustinn36 wrote:
darcyjake1 wrote:

Restrictions:

2. Street-Legal

4. 9ff GT9 - 254mph
7. Saleen S7 TT - 248mph
10. McLaren F1 - 240mph
Darn I need To Update Again :doh:
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

With the addition of the Vitesse, i'm going to try and update all speeds to the nearest tenth now as it is getting very close. If there is no decimal, assume it was exact (rounded to ".0")
TheFlamingLemon
New Starter
New Starter

eaustinn36 wrote:
darcyjake1 wrote:

Restrictions:

2. Street-Legal

4. 9ff GT9 - 254mph
7. Saleen S7 TT - 248mph
10. McLaren F1 - 240mph
That wasn't its top speed, it was still accelerating, the 265.7 mph was just what speed it was going after 2 miles. Also the Veyron SS is limited to 258mph which it takes 4 miles to accelerate to.
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

I feel like Hennessey shouldn't count..they don't make cars with original parts or even an original design.

Also, had Bugstti stripped all of the luxuries and shedded a few hundred pounds, it would be even faster. The Venom GT isn't exactly luxurious and has a...shall we say "hollow" interior.

Also2, Jon Hennessey is a thieving, lying jerkface and deserves the fullest extent of 'Murican justice.

Also3, I almost punched my TV screen while viewing an episode of "Car Crazy" about Hennessey...I decided to throw my remote at his face instead.
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

TheFlamingLemon wrote:That wasn't its top speed, it was still accelerating, the 265.7 mph was just what speed it was going after 2 miles. Also the Veyron SS is limited to 258mph which it takes 4 miles to accelerate to.
A car's top speed is whatever is proven. Could it go faster? Maybe, but they have only PROVEN it can do 265.7, so according to all the world record books, that is it's top speed. Also, the Veyron SS was limited for safety reasons, but according to Bugatti, all customers have the option of removing the limiter upon purchase. The Guiness Record books recognize the Bugatti SS at ~267mph, because that it what it is proven at. Saying it "can only do 258mph" when it was proven faster is just stupid, and the record books agree.

@Gator - As for not counting it, tbh i'm borderline about it, but i'm leaving it up there for now. Very few have been made, and it doesn't even have it's own VIN number (according to the US govt, it is a Lotus, by VIN #). Leaving it there for now.
TheFlamingLemon
New Starter
New Starter

eaustinn36 wrote: A car's top speed is whatever is proven. Could it go faster? Maybe, but they have only PROVEN it can do 265.7, so according to all the world record books, that is it's top speed. Also, the Veyron SS was limited for safety reasons, but according to Bugatti, all customers have the option of removing the limiter upon purchase. The Guiness Record books recognize the Bugatti SS at ~267mph, because that it what it is proven at. Saying it "can only do 258mph" when it was proven faster is just stupid, and the record books agree.
I never said it could only do 258, I was actually hoping to draw more attention to the fact that it takes 4 miles to reach that speed while the venom can go faster in 2.

Return to “The Showroom”