The ultimate racing game
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Ian Bell wrote:Is now in place.

1952 300 SL W194
1971 300SEL 6.8 AMG 'Rote Sau'
1989 Sauber C9
1990 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 (DTM racing version)
1998 CLK-LM
2012 SLS AMG GT3
2012 C-Class Coupe DTM
2013 A45 AMG
2010 SLS AMG Coupé
I can't describe how excited I am to drive all of these! :o
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Prepsi

well according to iamjacklps it's the same physics as shift 2 unleashed so meh
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote:well according to iamjacklps it's the same physics as shift 2 unleashed so meh
That's a lie. You can consult anyone else involved in the project and they'll say that the cars aren't "floaty" like they are in Shift, and Slightly Mad Studios has put an incredible amount of work making each car a unique and realistic driving experience.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They used the same base physics for TDFRL too and it is much better than Shift2 already IMO.

Shift has an 'arcade' layer on it. I'm pretty sure Project CARS is a more advanced version of those physics and in the end you will not even notice.
Maybe they started with those physics during the early development, but it has evolved beyond that for sure.

Their physics model evolves with every game and project. All future titles will profit from this project.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi

MadManCK wrote:They used the same base physics for TDFRL too and it is much better than Shift2 already IMO.

Shift has an 'arcade' layer on it. I'm pretty sure Project CARS is a more advanced version of those physics and in the end you will not even notice.
Maybe they started with those physics during the early development, but it has evolved beyond that for sure.

Their physics model evolves with every game and project. All future titles will profit from this project.

he said the physics were in alpha stage
Prepsi

here's the video, he says it to me [prepsi of tee dee you too] that the physics are S2U-like
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:
here's the video, he says it to me [prepsi of tee dee you too] that the physics are S2U-like
Yes, i saw the comment, but oh boy that was crappy driving, lol :loll:

And from what i see those physics are more refined than S2U. More direct and more of a handful. He also said he used a controller. It showed :laughing-rolling:

I do agree, however on the "Old Consoles" statement. They limit themselves and should look forward and release it for PC, PS4 and the new Xbox, instead of the old ancient overcooked hardware of the Xbox360 and PS3. As i'm typing the last sentence i realize the new consoles haven't even been released yet, lol. Dumbing it down to fit the old consoles it not a wise decision. Maybe it will boost initial sales a little bit, but it will harm the project in the long run.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Project CARS makes it onto Steam

Image Image
Xlthuathopec
Rookie
Rookie

I want this. A lot.