The Crew DLC

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well, as noted in my last post I waited until yesterday to ask about the Season Pass contents for PC, see if I get a response. If no response or no information is released prior to the launch, then I will just by the base game.

I will be real blunt here. The devs build the game, Ubi controls the money. The devs I am sure have good intentions but you know the old saying and where the road paved with those goes. If any of you have read some of the articles relating to game publishers vs devs, the publisher holds all the aces. The racing genre accounted for 4.6% of all game sales in 2013, number 7 on the list of sales by genre. Asking to pay for a Season Pass without knowing what it contains and only offering it bundled for PC, seems to me to be trying to get as much money out of the consumers interested in this genre before the game is released. :twocents-02cents:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I get where you're at, but don't you think you need to have some faith in Ivory Towers - they have come this far, and them then to throw the game into the drain after release seems pretty damn unlikely ;)

I'm sure they'll have some awesome content coming within the next year - either way i woundn't to be worried about it - but then again i have already preordered the Gold edition months ago, so i'm just along for the ride :mrgreen:

But if you can afford the Gold, then go for that, as the lose sale of DLC could get more expensive than the season pass ;)

But the choice is yours - btw i would want to know too if i hadn't already ordered it ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

More details about the expected content would be nice. They revealed some content but only the first DLC.
But we know they are already developing new content for a year now and after the release the complete team will work on new content. So i expect a lot from them.

But first a successful release. :party:

Right now you can get a season pass with 50% discount in the pre order. But even the 25 or 29€ it will cost normally will most likely be worth it.
And i think a lot of the DLC is a closed kept secret. Especially as not all the normal game content has been revealed yet.

I grabbed the Gold pack. Epic game with some nice bonus content at release. And a Years worth of DLC. Most season passes don't last that long. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I think Madman has got it about right here.
And i think a lot of the DLC is a closed kept secret. Especially as not all the normal game content has been revealed yet.
The fact is I don't think they know them selves what download content will be coming in the next 12 months as they are still working on getting the game ready for the release date, then concentrate on what DLC to come up with.
Sure they will know what cars will be added but that will be kept under raps till released and the rest will probably be worked on based on ideas they already have and released as and when it is ready throughout the coming year.
:twocents-02cents:
ImageImage
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

It's not that I don't think Ivory Towers can't deliver, I enjoyed what I played. It's Ubi that is my concern and how they plan to release what is created. In some office the devs sit with Ubi execs. They discuss how much content the devs can create, Ubi decides how that content is delivered. Sure there is discussion back and forth but Ubi will have final say. I even noted I had seen the contents for consoles and asked if it would be the same for PC's. I don't want specifics, just general info that already seems to be finalized for consoles. Still a month to go for more info. We'll see.
Joocyfroot
New Starter
New Starter

Whoamus wrote:I even noted I had seen the contents for consoles and asked if it would be the same for PC's. I don't want specifics, just general info that already seems to be finalized for consoles. Still a month to go for more info. We'll see.
http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download- ... id=cmju029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same info was advertised for PC. AFAIK neither Ubisoft or Ivory Tower have stated what the Season pass consists of for the PC or the consoles.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Joocyfroot wrote:
Whoamus wrote:I even noted I had seen the contents for consoles and asked if it would be the same for PC's. I don't want specifics, just general info that already seems to be finalized for consoles. Still a month to go for more info. We'll see.
http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download- ... id=cmju029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same info was advertised for PC. AFAIK neither Ubisoft or Ivory Tower have stated what the Season pass consists of for the PC or the consoles.
Thanks for this. It is the first time I have seen it for PC and it is the same as stated for consoles. Really all I am looking for but I would buy from Steam or Ubi direct so I will see when they put it up. A good sign anyway, I think.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

At last some news on the Season pass :rightthumbup:
season pass.JPG
Extreme Car Pack. Performance vehicles that’ll help you stay ahead of the pack in thrilling, high-octane missions. Available January 2015.

Speed Car Pack. These sports cars are finely tuned for racing at breakneck speeds. Available February 2015

Vintage Car Pack. Visiting an iconic American locale? You’ll want to be seen in these equally iconic rides. Available March 2015.

Raid Car Pack.When heading off the beaten path, you can’t do better than these all-terrain vehicles. Available April 2015.

Link: http://blog.ubi.com/the-crew-season-pass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Nice to know, thanks Bez. I will grab the gold edition. Looks like there will be plenty to do and a nice additional assortment of rides to choose from.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes, now that I know what we will be getting I'm going to get the Season pass as well.
Lots of cool stuff 8-) looking forward to the game even more now. :2thumbsup:
ImageImage

Return to “The Crew Game”