Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

First Russian GP in Sotchi

Nice track, lots of 90 degree corners, but also some technical fast sections. Nothing heroic though.
Epic run from Bottas, that stranded in the last corner. Pole was in sight. But Hamilton grabbed it.
Will be an interesting race tomorrow. Not too much room for mistakes.

And it is good to see some positive things from Russia for a change. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just heard Audi is looking into going back into F1 in 2016, and rumor has it they'll buyout Infinity's share in the RedBull F1 team, this could be interesting as Audi (aka VW) has very deep pockets 8-)

But to do this they'll can their DTM and a few other racing programs, but DTM is boring as hell anyway ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DTM used to be very cool when 4 German manufacturers played the game. But the development costs were rising high, so they standardized some parts. Still very expensive systems in those cars. Some systems, like dynamic ride height, are even forbidden in F1.
But i remember some very cool battles between Mercedes and Audi. Haven't watched it lately.

F1 field will be thinned for the US race as Caterham is in surseance and has gotten dispensation for the next two races to find a buyer for the team.
Marussia won't make it either. Don't know if that has to do with visa or other reasons.
F1 being too expensive is a BS reason. The business deals that are made in the paddock are often woth 10x what a small team needs to operate for a year. :twocents-02cents:

Audi coming to F1 means a strong force on the grid. They have won everything they went for, from Rallye to Le Mans. Will make some other factories sweat for sure. Teaming up with RB is almost lethal. But they are probably better off buying Sauber, as they probably want total controll. We'll see. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes indeed RB and Audi be insane, but lol Mercedes better watch their back now - Audi is known to kick their a** on the track :lol:

But yeah i Sauber might be the best choice, but might also to much work, but any grid team Audi throws their money and time at will be good 8-)

(also heard Audi is cooking up their own engine, but that remains to be seen) ;)
_

Either the small teams get their sh*t together or the bigger teams should run 3-4 cars to fill up the grid. And it is rumored that Ferrari F1 might run Also, Kimi and Vettle next yeah - wouldn't that be something :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, Vettel will drive for Ferrari next year. It is a public secret that they somehow don't wan't to share yet. Ferrari politics...

Alonso will move to McLaren. With the new Honda deal it might be a good switch. But right now Mercedes has the best powerplant.
There is also rumor about a second GP in the US. Not in New Yersey this time, but in Las Vegas. Could be interesting. Enough money to organize a race there for sure. :lol:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm okay, heard about that as an option - hmm wonder what will Buttom do next year then?

Lol no .. not Las Vegas haha, i would rather have something like a Longbeach GP instead 8-)

But guess we'll just have to see what they come up with ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If you want to know where Bernie is headin' , just follow the money, lol :twocents-02cents:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:If you want to know where Bernie is headin' , just follow the money, lol :twocents-02cents:
Haha true 8-) He is a money and power hungry dwarf :lol:
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Reading the paper at work and noticed Vettel is signing a 3 year deal with Ferrari, I had heard rumors but its been confirmed now :auto-layrubber:

I think this move is good for him he has gone along way with redbull but i think he needs new challenge
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, Alonso moves to McLaren and takes the gamble with the new Honda Engine there. Should be good. This leaves a spot at Ferrari for Vettel, that everybody knew about but Ferrari politics prevented from announcing earlier.

It will be tough for Vettel to prove himself over there. A lot depends on the car for next season. Will the rest have catched up with Mercedes? Probably yes. But engines from Renault and Ferrari need to be a lot stronger next year to compete with the Germans.

This weekend will be the last race of this season. Double points can still shift the leaderboards a bit. But Hamilton has the best papers to win the Championship. :party:

Return to “The Lay-by”