Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It will be an interesting finish, no doubt ;)

As for Vettel, then this will be the first time his not in a over-enginered Adrian Newey Redbull car, so it'll be interesting to see what his really made of - and if this year is any indication, then he has some catching up to do...

For me then the news of Alonso coming to Mclaren is taken with a gram of salt, as this no doubt means Jensons F1 carrier is cut short, unless he sells himself to a lower team, Jensons always been my favorite driver on the grid because of his fluidness on the track ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Jenson Button is the ideal test and development driver. Insanely consistent. But he also does not defend his racepositions as furious as he should do. You sometimes forget he has been a World Champion of F1.
Maybe there are other teams on the grid, that are sick and tired of their drivers wrecking their cars. He also has a ton of experience, so we will see him pop up somewhere. Maybe in SportsCars or LM. Or maybe on the F1 grid, if there are clever teams that want to combine a younger driver with an experienced one.

With the current expenses explosions (engines rumored to cost 20M $ a Year), most (smaller) teams will probably look for pay drivers. Very unfortunate, because i think the grid should be filled with the best talented drivers. Not the ones with the best sugadaddy's. :twocents-02cents:

This will narrow Jensons chances as well, as he expects to be paid and is rightful to do so.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Ron Dennis was very silent about the drivers for next year. Maybe they will come up with somebody totally different, maybe even Japanese, following the Honda deal, who knows. Not the best times for Magnussen and Button. As it will be hard to find another seat that late in the season.

There are other options, however. With some teams in heavy weather, it might be possible that some Big Teams will enter next years championship with 3 cars. I'm in big favor of that. McLaren, Ferrari and RB Racing will have no big issues running a third car. It will also allow the possibility to put a pay driver in the third car. Three cars per team will make the silly season more silly as well. And more cars on the grid means more spectacle IMO. :lol:

We'll see what happens. Marussia did not show up on Yas Marina. Caterham managed to get there by Crowd Funding, lol. Very creative. But not good in the long run. It does increase their chances to find a buyer for the team though.

For those, wanting to buy an F1 team, it can be an interesting time. :party:

Hamilton and Rosberg were trading places during the free practice. Good to see the battle continues to the end.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Rosberg keeps the momentum from last race with another Pole. This makes Sundays race a lot more interesing. While Hamilton has the best papers for the championship, he also shows signs of the pressure by making small mistakes.

Williams is very close with both cars on the second row. :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Sad story, as the technical commision in the F1 seems to find it necessary to make themselves noticed with a BS Qualify DQ of RBR. They will have to start from the back because some part of the front wing bends too much. Probably half the paddock will have a similar solution in their earodynamic setup somehow.
A very negative way to get in the picture for the technical commision. I hope they will be proud of themselves. :roll: :roll:
Maybe time to retire for some of them :character-oldtimer:

This means that both Vettel and Ricciardo have to do some overtaking. Can be interesting to watch. But it ruins probably every podium aspiration they had.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I think Red Bull should have learned from this and last years front wing drama, they're bending the rules and paying the price..

Agh! wish Ron Denis would make up his mind and choose... But i'm starting to think that for Mclaren to wait this long could be seen as a hint to them running all 3 drivers next year, (Alonso, Button and Magnussen) 2 tittle hungry world champs and a rookie - now that could be interesting to follow - provided Mclaren make a good car as they used to :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Well deserved victory for Lewis Hamilton, securing his second World Title. Congratulations :2thumbsup:

Nico's troubled electronics were already there at the start. Too bad Mercedes was not able to put two reliable cars on the grid. Not Mercedes worthy TBH. But they did dominate this season big time.

Epic race from Massa as well, taking second, chasing Hamilton to the end. But the distance was just too big to cause any real threat.
Congratulations to Williams GP too. Great season with a very strong finish.

And great race from both Red Bull drivers, starting from the back due to a naughty winglet, but both finishing in the points.

:woot:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

A good and interesting race with lots of action and Lotus flame throwing, and a well deserved championship end for Hamilton, but it was a shame Rosberg's car wasn't up for giving us a thriller end .. arh well there is always next year :P
_

Also Button finished 5 and Magnussen all the up at 11 - Mclaren would be nuts to cut Jenson loose over a rookie...
BigDcBiggs
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Cant wait for the Mclaren Honda teaming to show results next year with Alonso at the wheel. I bet Magnesson Stays too.
Check out ADHD Gaming on YouTube
The best car motto ever: "The Best 4x4 By Far"..Land Rover

"If you believe something will happen...It will happen"
Remember JC's wise words
ADHD gaming needs mike. ideas?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

BigDcBiggs wrote:Cant wait for the Mclaren Honda teaming to show results next year with Alonso at the wheel. I bet Magnesson Stays too.
Maybe Button as well, when Mclaren is asked to enter a third car. With 2 teams gone and another in heavy weather, the grid can be reduced to just 14 cars in no time.
According to the F1 rules, the FOCA can ask teams to place a third car on the grid. I would like to see that. :mrgreen:

And i would not be surprised to see a Japanese driver in a McLaren, next to Alonso. Honda is a big player too. 8-)

Return to “The Lay-by”