PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bez wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:19 pm Maybe need to check this out first :eeek:
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/windows-10-bug-wrecking-ssd/
Had file optimization off already but did not know about the defrag bit. Turned off now. Thanks. :rightthumbup:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

With the new RTX cards coming and my goals set on getting one, i'm looking into getting a screen that can handle the FPS output of a RTX 3070, and because my eyes have become spoiled to IPS so it will be an expensive screen.

So far one screen have my attention, the Lenovo Legion Y27G-20 27" 165 Hz IPS 2560x1440p screen, it uses a LG panel, so coming from my 5+ year old Dell 25" IPS 2560x1440p screen that also uses a LG panel it would be ideal to just stay on LG panels.

I feel like the Legion Y27G-20 is the dark horse no-one is talking about, and no-one has made a good video review of, while it is better and cheaper than LG's own version, so i'm very tempted to get it, but anyway you put it ... 442 euros is a lot of money here in Denmark, so it better be one heck of a screen, which it probably is, with the right kind of hardware powering it. And it supports freesync and is compatable with G-sync.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessorie ... 65EEGAC1US

What are your thoughts, any other screens i should be looking at ?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:15 am With the new RTX cards coming and my goals set on getting one, i'm looking into getting a screen that can handle the FPS output of a RTX 3070, and because my eyes have become spoiled to IPS so it will be an expensive screen.

So far one screen have my attention, the Lenovo Legion Y27G-20 27" 165 Hz IPS 2560x1440p screen, it uses a LG panel, so coming from my 5+ year old Dell 25" IPS 2560x1440p screen that also uses a LG panel it would be ideal to just stay on LG panels.

I feel like the Legion Y27G-20 is the dark horse no-one is talking about, and no-one has made a good video review of, while it is better and cheaper than LG's own version, so i'm very tempted to get it, but anyway you put it ... 442 euros is a lot of money here in Denmark, so it better be one heck of a screen, which it probably is, with the right kind of hardware powering it. And it supports freesync and is compatable with G-sync.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessorie ... 65EEGAC1US

What are your thoughts, any other screens i should be looking at ?
What's the screen res on that, i can't see it in the link?
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:28 am
Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:15 am So far one screen have my attention, the Lenovo Legion Y27G-20 27" 165 Hz IPS 2560x1440p screen, it uses a LG panel, so coming from my 5+ year old Dell 25" IPS 2560x1440p screen that also uses a LG panel it would be ideal to just stay on LG panels.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:55 am
Bez wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:28 am
Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:15 am So far one screen have my attention, the Lenovo Legion Y27G-20 27" 165 Hz IPS 2560x1440p screen, it uses a LG panel, so coming from my 5+ year old Dell 25" IPS 2560x1440p screen that also uses a LG panel it would be ideal to just stay on LG panels.
Sorry was looking on the page in the link. :oops:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea, i find it strange the page doesn't mention it at all, maybe that is why it is not so well know now, oh well if you know you know :mrgreen:

My School owes me most of a months wage, so when i get that then i'll probably buy it.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bought the screen i mentioned and it is awesome, i noticed the 105 Hz more on first scrolling as it was clear and not blurry, the 165 Hz its nice. So now it just need a RTX 3070 to use the refreshness of the screen, but all in due time.

Now to enjoy games with more detail in the fast motions.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I had a massive power surge in my street this week and my HTPC was terminated because of it. The PSU had gone. So i have not been up this week.

I found a nice 750W EVGA 90% rated modular PSU for a reasonable price at a shop who actually had them in stock. So that was a good shopping experience. Including free next day delivery.

:smoking:

But these power surges lately are terrible. They are working on some foundations nearbye and the heavy equipment is usually hooked up to a generator, but these morons sometimes use the normal powergrid instead. And i like builders.
I'm on the same power grid group as all the shops in my block. :ugeek:

This PSU also has a protection against all kinds of these power related things so hopefully that will be a one time experience.

The heart transplant went reasonably well and these modular PSU's are awesome, especially in a cramped HTPC, where you do not want additional pointless cables lurking around.

:2thumbsup:

Time for some updates :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:35 pm I had a massive power surge in my street this week and my HTPC was terminated because of it. The PSU had gone. So i have not been up this week.

I found a nice 750W EVGA 90% rated modular PSU for a reasonable price at a shop who actually had them in stock. So that was a good shopping experience. Including free next day delivery.

:smoking:

But these power surges lately are terrible. They are working on some foundations nearbye and the heavy equipment is usually hooked up to a generator, but these morons sometimes use the normal powergrid instead. And i like builders.
I'm on the same power grid group as all the shops in my block. :ugeek:

This PSU also has a protection against all kinds of these power related things so hopefully that will be a one time experience.

The heart transplant went reasonably well and these modular PSU's are awesome, especially in a cramped HTPC, where you do not want additional pointless cables lurking around.

:2thumbsup:

Time for some updates :party:
Maybe need to get one of those surge protectors. :think:

I've been using the same 1000 wat power supply since 2010 :eeek: and it is still going strong. :mrgreen:

Also have the same HAF X case, everything else inside has been upgraded at least twice though. :geek:
Image Image

Return to “PC”