PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK Bez, here is what i can do;

I can ship you a GTX780Ti, you can use that until you get a proper new GFX, afterwards sell it for a good price ($150-200 or so) and wire me the money.

Beats the antique, you are using now :D

:ugeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Seems like a win / win :mrgreen:

The MSI GTX 780 Ti gaming card? those can still get a price on resale.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:53 am The MSI GTX 780 Ti gaming card?
Yes, that's the one. Had them in SLI, before the Titan. :geek:

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GTX-7 ... NG-3G.html
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 am OK Bez, here is what i can do;

I can ship you a GTX780Ti, you can use that until you get a proper new GFX, afterwards sell it for a good price ($150-200 or so) and wire me the money.

Beats the antique, you are using now :D

:ugeek:
That's a very kind offer Mad but i would be worried in case it died while i was using it or it didn't sell for the price you wanted :shock:

So even though i really appreciate it i am just going to wait until something comes up at the right price as at the moment i am not playing any graphic intensive games anyway.

Now i just need Amazon and my bank to get off their arses and release the money i paid for the card as even though Amazon say i have not been charged for the transaction it still says the transaction is still pending at my end, Amazon says it can take up to 7 days for this to reverse. :roll:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

7 days is ridiculous. Usually money is returned within 48 hours.

Keep an eye on the same shop offering these cards for a higher prize. :roll:

The GTX780ti is gathering dust at a shelf here right now. But if you are in the GFX grilling business, i can understand why you are hesitant. There are more practical ways to prepare bacon and eggs for your Girls breakfast, than to use a Graphics card, just sayin'. ;)
Option remains open if you change your mind.

:geek:

PS Amazon themselves are offering the same card for 616 now. And they will deliver. Maybe grab that one. :party:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I am waiting for a reply from these guys on this for £531.
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB
LINK: https://www.next-day-hardware.co.uk/msi ... 1080%208GB

According to the site it is in stock but i am not so sure so i have sent them a message first, not falling into that trap again. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I hate the dust filter in the front of the Meshify C, so to test something out i took out the long bottom dust filter and put it in the front see if it would fit behind the big front filter piece in the Meshify C, to me surprise it does fit, so now i'm ordering a Define C front dust filter as the Meshify and Define C is the same case. Once i get my new dust filter then i'll take apart the front filter and remove the filter foam crap, as it is blocking so much airflow, already seen a video of a modder taking it apart to paint it, so it is easy to do.

Also this evening i moved my PC from the floor til the shelf, as the build and case deserved more, and so i moved it, and it looks so nice now.
2018-03-07 00.35.16.jpg
Used to have my old JVC amplifier og my dads ancient B&O radio tuner, but i have not used my speakers in years, so no need for a amplifier to take up so much space.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks cool 8-)

Maybe time to remove that sticker from the glass? :think:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I actually like the sticker on it, still not used it being glass.

- -

I am also considering getting a soundcard for my PC, as when my GPU is under load i can hear coilwhine through the sound, it is apparently not isolated enough. So i'm thinking of getting a secondhand soundcard from Germany, currently thinking ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E, but never really been thinking of soundcards much.

Is it possible one of the chips on the onboard soundcard is going? As normally you don't hear coilwhine through the sound, as it is the GPU making the noise. :?

But anyway, a dedicated sound card would also be better then whatever goes for being SupremeFX on Asus ROG boards, and i have a decent pair of headphones and soon to be a better microphone as well, as i'm bidding on a used V-Moda BoomMic microphone which i'll make a stand for.

Do you think a soundcard would be the answer?

Also when looking at used German hardware i was going crazy not knowing what the fuck OVP is / was, but the damn germans for their shortened words, (OVP - Originalverpackt (German: original packaging)) :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It might be W10 related, as i had a lot of sound issues as well recently. If you use HDMI from your GFX, you will not have many issues.
Audio chip on your Mobo is most likely similar to the Sonar. But the surrounding electronics might be superb. Recently all motherboard manufacturers have stepped up their Sound game. It can be a shielding issue as well.

In the past a dedicated Soundcard could give you 5-10fps and less fps drops. Those days are over now.
If you use a headphone, you will hear annoying little sounds earlier.

I think you can get new ones for around 35-50€, so why buy second hand?

Return to “PC”