PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:35 pm I had a massive power surge in my street this week and my HTPC was terminated because of it. The PSU had gone. So i have not been up this week.

But these power surges lately are terrible. They are working on some foundations nearbye and the heavy equipment is usually hooked up to a generator, but these morons sometimes use the normal powergrid instead. And i like builders.
I'm on the same power grid group as all the shops in my block. :ugeek:
:facepalm: lol here in the U.S. people would sue the construction company for causing a surge and damaging home electronics. Like you said, morons.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It will be hard to prove this is because of the surge, even if it is obvious from my side.

But every disadvantage has an advantage (J.Cruyff) :mrgreen:

The new PSU is much better, more efficient, stable, more quiet (13,5CM fan) and it has overvoltage protection. :ugeek:
I don't know if that will safeguard it from ruthless workers though ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm Seriously Thinking About the Radeon 6900xt.. Finally Under $2k Grand AUD... While the 5700XT handles Ultrawide 1440P Well There's a Couple of Games Like (Cod Vanguard & F1 2021 ) Where 70 - 100Fps is Only Achievable.. Cpu (i9 10850k) Is Still Overkill for my Usage..

I Could Probably get 800-1000 Back for the 5700xt ATM Selling on Ebay/Gumtree (Australian Dollars)
nathan is a mexican!!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've been wanting to upgrade my PC for almost two years now but prices are still stupid high. :angry-screaming:

They are coming down slowly but not by much. :(

At the moment i am running this:

CPU is getting old :character-oldtimer:

The GTX 1080 is still holding it's own at the moment but the CPU is probably holding it back as well.

I could look at going down the AMD road but that would mean changing a lot of stuff in my system and that would mean even more money. :roll:
Image Image
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have ordered a new GFX for my HTPC to go with my new 4K Neo QLed TV

As the HTPC has little room, i usually go for a mini version or ITX version of video cards. But i found a decent one with twin fans that will just fit. It will limit OC capabilities, but i will leave that for a future game PC.

Prices have come down a bit lately, but thanks to the Crypto Miners things really went out of hand. :angry-banghead:

As this is a higher midrange card it is less affected. MSI RTX 3070, non TI for power usage sake :geek:

This will also be the last upgrade of my current HTPC rig. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Mad; I see i have missed quite a bit, sorry to hear about your HTPC and the surge, those are never fun. Glad you could find a RTX 3070 though.

Bez; I love how your are still using a good old Devils Canyon CPU, i loved my Haswell 4790K, but a AMD boy since with Ryzen 2600 and 3600 CPU's, bit tired of AMD CPU's i really want Intel to kick back at AMD and not need to be cooled with LN2 :roll: But i think 1-2 years and then i'll think about an upgrade again for the Mobo, CPU and RAM, but who knows.

Also in my absence i bought a RTX 3060 Ti in June last year, and yes paied over, but so be it, its been great, but now playing DCS a flying sim in VR with my Oculus Quest 2 VR headset then that RTX 3060 Ti is brought to its knees, so RTX 40x0 when?

And this is my current system as it looks up on the shelf.

Asus ROG Strix B450-F, Ryzen R5 3600, 4x8 GB HyperX Predator and Corsair RGB, Asus TUF RTX 3060 Ti LHR, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 1 TB and a non Plus with 1 TB aswell.
- - -
Edit; And i do have a 750w EVGA PSU too with 10 years of warranty or so they said in 2015 lol, but its still going strong now, has the same loud clack each time it turns on or off, so i guess it is made to last, i do intent on using it after it is 10 years old if it lasts that long, but it is 7 years old and no issues yet, other than it being abit big for the Meshify C.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

That's a nice looking PC. :drool:

I've literally just finished my new build today. :D

Motherboard: Pro Z690-A DDR4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance rgb Pro 32GB (2x16)
CPU: i5 12600K 20MB Cache LGA 1700
Water cooler: iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX 480
500GB SSD
2x 2TB HDD's
1x 1TB HD
1x 1TB M2 Sabrent NVMe
11000 wat power supply. :o

Only thing is i have put my old 1080 GTX in it as i am still waiting to decide on what to do about a new GFX card. :think:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Looks good.

And in likely hood, now is sort of the best time to get a high end GPU, if they are cheap, as scalpers, miners and hungry gamers will be buzzing over any new graphics cards and it could be a long time before you could get one, and the current RTX 30x0 production has been stopped or they are just using up the made die's for them to prepare for the new cards.

But that said, the jump from RTX 30x0 to 40x0 will be a big one again, or so the rumors suggest.

Return to “PC”