PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So it turns out it was in fact to good to be true, and box.co.uk cancelled my order, and gave my a "we are sorry" discount code for 10 pounds, only problem is that anything i order from them has a 14 pound shipping fee, so it kind of defeats the purpose of buying anything from them.

Also decided when i ordered the Ryzen 2700 that if i didn't get it i would wait for Ryzen 3000 series as they look to become very spicy, so i better save up the money for the a build upgrade when it comes out.

These are some of the rumored spec's of the new Ryzen 3000 series.

So currently i want a Ryzen 3600 as it'll be a 8/16 core/thread CPU, but i just want to see some benchmarks of them soon and the final specs.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Sorry to hear that it looked like a good deal. :(
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:01 pm Sorry to hear that it looked like a good deal. :(
Yea well i kind of expected it to be to good to be true, so not really an issue.

Now i just have a 10 pound coupon i never will use as there is no point in buying from them when it is a 14 pound shipping cost, so already asked some of my British friends if they had a need for it and they didn't. So Bez could you see yourself using it that coupon at box.co.uk?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:08 pm
Bezrider wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:01 pm Sorry to hear that it looked like a good deal. :(
Yea well i kind of expected it to be to good to be true, so not really an issue.

Now i just have a 10 pound coupon i never will use as there is no point in buying from them when it is a 14 pound shipping cost, so already asked some of my British friends if they had a need for it and they didn't. So Bez could you see yourself using it that coupon at box.co.uk?
Don't need anything at the moment but thanks for the offer. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bought my UK friend a network switch for the discount code, and then he paypal'ed me the shipping cost.

Also I have decided to go ahead and buy a Ryzen system, I have ordered a Ryzen R5 2600 with game bundle (The Division 2 & World War Z) and Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, 2x8 GB Balistic chace 15 3000 mhz ram. And as the new Asus motherboard has built in RGB controllers i can run my 5050 RGB strips of the motherboard so i am getting an extension cable for that.

And this was a total impuls buy, i bought a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2 SSD and as it runs hot i got a heatsink for it as well, an expensive upgrade but 3500 / 3000 mb/s read/write is insane, my current Samsung 850 Evo is only pushing 550 / 500 mb/s so DAMN it is fast.

Everything is ordered and i should be getting it doing this week, or though the motherboard and RGB cable wasn't in stock so that delays things abit.

So soon i'm going to be listing my old i7 4790K, Asus ROG Ranger Vii Z97, 16 GB 1866 mhz ram system for sale, already have alot of interest in it.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Today everything shipped so it is looking like a weekend build upgrade, the motherboard was on back order so that delayed things, i was quoted may 13th so i'm happy they got it faster.

I already have the Ryzen 2600 and the 16 GB ram, so once i get the motherboard and M.2 i can start the swap. Never thought it would be going away from Intel and back to AMD, seems so odd, but AMD has come a long way since i had my Phenom II X4 965 BE, and going to Intel was a night and day difference back then. And also crazy is that my new 3000 mhz ram is nearly double as fast as my current 1866 mhz ram.

Also i have decided to trade my delidded 4790K for a 4690K that is stock, with money my way, as that would bring me more peace in mind as it won't be a PC noob Fortniter trying to deal with a delidded CPU, it is just better it goes to an enthusiast that knows what it is about. Plus a 4690K, Z97 mobo and 16 GB ram bundle is bound to sell well, as it is basically a midrange entry spec system for gaming now, so perfect for a Fortniter. :mrgreen:

I am also having an idea of drilling out the rivets for the PSU shroud and take it out of my Meshify C to paint it silver, as i feel it is abit to boring just being black. But it is big undertaking and time consuming so not sure about that mod yet.

Both excited and sad to leave Intel and my good old 4790K, but it is time to move on and sell it while it still has good value.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Here is a picture of the parts i could before i started the build. :)
2019-05-09 12.15.15.jpg
There is just always something that doesn't go to plan when i upgrade my PC's, this time it turns out i got ripped off when buying my current Scythe Mugen 5, i was thinking i bought a Mugen 5 rev.B, but the store cheated me, i guess i didn't care to look for the AM4 bracket when i got it as i never thought to go AM4 with AMD, guess that backfired. So now i would consider it to be a paper weight, as it is useless to be now, so will be sold with my bundle for sure.

Now i am thinking of getting a Noctua U14S and the AM4 bracket for that, as the U14S offers D15 levels of cooling while being a small single tower cooler, but so expensive, so there is that. But i don't want AIO watercoolers as it is basically the same price as midrange AIO's.

But i installed the CPU, ram and M.2 into the motherboard and put on the AMD box cooler for yesterday, i plan on doing the upgrade this afternoon or weekend, but we'll see.

Also M.2 SDD's are so tiny, its crazy. Also the heatsink i had for the M.2 was way to overkill, and read so much about that, it is actually hurts the lifespan of the Nand ram chip being cold, and it is also the controller on it that needs cooling.

But the motherboard looks really good, even at night with lighting.
2019-05-09 23.52.41.jpg
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I decided it was worth the wait to do some case modding, i drilled out the rivets in my Meshify C and took of / out the bottom and PSU shround. Then i gave the PSU shroud two coats of primer and than used a 15+ year old spray can of silver, turned out to a mat silver that is very shiny, so a good fit. And this how it turned out, its not cured enough for installing it yet, but i could match up against the rest of the black Meshify C and it looks good imo, but the paint wasn't perfect as it got abit of fisheye in a few places but not that noticeable.
2019-05-10 21.05.22.jpg
2019-05-10 21.08.20.jpg
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

My build turned out well. Some pictures of it.
2019-05-11 21.00.38.jpg
2019-05-11 21.18.45.jpg
2019-05-12 01.11.31.jpg
Now i'm just learning the new issues with this build, so far there is a DRAM issue, where the motherboard is able to run the 3000mhz ram at 2400mhz otherwise it randomly reboots the system out of the blue, so strange, might have to RMA the ram sticks as it isn't able to run stable at listed speeds. But need to test it more, but this morning the motherboard didn't even want to start and had a yellow flashing light, quick look in the manual and it is a DRAM error.

Also i contacted Scythe about a buying a AM4 mount for my Mugen 5 CPU cooler, but turns out customerservice is still a thing and they are sending me a upgrade kit for free. So i can OC the CPU soon.

I also ran 3DMark, and it is really not a big upgrade at all, more of a sidegrade, as the old 4790K at 4.6ghz was a beast in games, and the 2600 is better at physics, but not to say the 4790K level of performance wasn't bad, but had hoped for a bit more.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/19306515/fs/19243721
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Still looks like a nice upgrade :rightthumbup:

I hope my PC will last a bit yet before i go down this road. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Image Image

Return to “PC”